Author Topic: Playgroup time is in the middle of nap time, what to do?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Isaac's_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Playgroup time is in the middle of nap time, what to do?
« on: February 08, 2006, 15:19:28 pm »
I have a question, hopefully you guys can answer it for me.

My LO is 5 months old and is cutting his first tooth. I signed us up for a play group that starts next week, about two weeks ago, thinking I could move his EASY so that the kindermusik class we will be taking would be during his Activity time. Well he just started cutting his first tooth this past weekend and all has gone out the window. During the day he has not been to fussy, but at night he hasn't been sleeping to well. I've given him baby Tylenol and baby oragel, which helped a bit. I've let him sleep in a bit in the morning, and wake up on his own, since I know he isn't feeling to well. Anyway here is what our morning schedule looks like:

7:15 AM wakeup, breakfast, playtime
9:15 AM - 10:45 AM naptime

The class is from 9:45AM -10:30AM, right during his naptime.

Before he started teething I was waking him up at 6:30 and putting him down for a short nap at 8:15AM - 900AM, then a longer one around 11:30AM, which was working pretty well. But that took about a week to get him sorta on that. Now I don't know what to do, since the class starts next week and I'm sure what to do since he is teething.

Thanks
Anna
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: Playgroup time is in the middle of nap time, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 21:40:58 pm »
instead of letting him sleep later in the morning you could put him down earlier for bed so that he woudl get the same amount of sleep. he also might sleep better with the earlier bedtime if he is getting extra tired or cranky form the teeth. HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified