Author Topic: Is anyone else in the same boat as me?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Is anyone else in the same boat as me?
« on: February 08, 2006, 17:11:07 pm »
My 13 month is down to one nap now despite my attempts.  He wakes at 6:00 on most days and takes his morning nap from 9:45 to 11:45 (generally).  I cant for the life of me, put him down in the afternoon.  He also shows no sleepy cues whatsoever until 6:00.  Then I start the wind down and he is sleeping at 6:50.  I think this is kind of weird- having such an early bedtime.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can change this.  Or is this fine the way it is?

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Is anyone else in the same boat as me?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 17:16:38 pm »
Josie went to one nap at only 11 months and never went back. Actually, I kind of got to like my mid-day break better than the two broken-up ones, but that took a while. LOL

As far as the early bedtime, remember that when the clocks change he'll be going down at 7:50 (assuming he keeps the routine going), which is almost 8PM, not too strange at all if you look at it that way - and that what, only 2 more months? Till then, enjoy tht ime in the evenings, especially if he's sleeping till a decent time in the morning.

BTW, odds are that once he gets more teeth or a cold, this will change anyway, so for now I'd say if it ain't broke, don't go trying to fix it! :)

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Is anyone else in the same boat as me?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 17:22:13 pm »
I never thought of the time change - thanks for making a positive spin on the situation!