Author Topic: when did you start to use a blanket with your lo at night?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
when did you start to use a blanket with your lo at night?
« on: February 08, 2006, 19:37:37 pm »
At what age did you start using a blanket to cover your lo's at night?  And what type of blanket did you use? 

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: when did you start to use a blanket with your lo at night?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 19:54:27 pm »
To be honest, we always have.   :-[   We swaddled for a couple of months, then she decided  no more of that.  At that point she could and did kick the blanket off whenever.  Now she somehow scootches out from the top of it.  We just use whatever crib sized blanket is handy and clean.  ('flux ya know).    Slightly bad mommy!!    ;D
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 22:27:08 pm »
i started when luke was about 10 months.  it's a carter's blanket - one of those ones that not too thin; sometimes comes with an outfit.  i usually put it on him before i go to sleep.  usually it's off him before morning & he sleeps on it.   ::) :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 22:55:50 pm »
At around 4.5 months my DD decided she no longer wanted the dummy (yes lucky me) and decided her thumb was better. However DH stressed about this (damaging her teeth) so i gave her a small teddy/blanket and she loves it. She now sucks on that instead (yuck i am washing it all the time). I just go in after she has fallen asleep and take it away as it almost always is over her face when she falls asleep.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Luke-n-Me

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 02:01:18 am »
I gave blankets to both of my lo's when I stopped swaddling-around 3/4 mos.  I've used the Baby Gund "dottie dots" blankets for my kids.  They're soft, super cute and really good sized (small).  A little pricey, I've found them at freebears.com for about $20 (including shipping/handling) and I always order a spare so when one is in the wash I can swap it out!
Nancy

Luke (4-2-03)
Annika (8-30-05)

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 04:28:29 am »
We used blankets right from the beginning with both.  When Ewan was born it was really cold so we swaddled and then put a blanket over top.  Same with Bram right now as it is winter here.

Once we stopped swaddling with Ewan we just put a light blanket over him initially and then once he was asleep we would go in and cover him with a blanket that was knitted for us by a friend.  It was a great blanket because it had enough weight that it stayed on pretty well but wasn't too hot.