Author Topic: What do I do first?  (Read 3045 times)

Offline mango_baby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What do I do first?
« on: February 08, 2006, 20:50:23 pm »
I have had so much difficulty.  I can count on one hand how many times my 18 month DS has slept through. I have tried many different things, I think ending too soon. I admit I have not been consistent enough with any one technique. SO, I have determined what exactly I am going to do, write it down and consistently stick to it ( finally). I have a question. I read the talk a mom had with Tracy before she passed  :(  and i plan to follow the timed technique for reducing the feed before bed. I also am going to do walk-in/walk-out every 15 seconds. What do I do first? or do I do them both together, feed stories, lay in crib, settle and then start the walk in/out. Is it too many changes all at once? should I stick to just the feeding change and when he's settled into that, satrt on the walkin/out?. My DS is just getting over a terrible flu/fever, he is teething ( terribly right now, worse than ever), and is maybe having a growth spurt due to his age. But last night he screamed from 1 til 3, fell asleep for 10 min and then was up again to scream another hour. I feel terible, but I just let him cry in his crib, as I refused to take him out and I lay on my bed in the same room letting him know I was there but I would not talk him out because it was time to sleep. Finally at 430 I did take him out and fed him so I could get some sleep ( another thing I need to be consistant with- no feeding before 6 am).

Any insights would be appreciated,

Thank you,
Melissa