Author Topic: Wakes up at 4:30am what do I do?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 09, 2006, 12:39:41 pm »
I just starting the EASY routine for my 4 month old daughter.  Today she woke up at 4:30am and I tried to do PU PD for 1 hour and a half.  The problem was I couldn't even get her to settle down in my arms almost that entire time.  Unless I would walk out of her room or go by the window in her room. What do I do in this case I caved in at 6:00am and gave her a bottle which she really didn't want.  Yesterday was actually my third day of EASY and the first 2 day I just observed her.  Does anyone have any advice on how to settle her and how long in the morning do I do PU PD or should I say I just hold her the entire time she crys.  (she actually was so upset she almost threw up.  Somebody please HELP
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Wakes up at 4:30am what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 14:36:53 pm »
Hello!  :)

What does she do when she wakes?  A lot of babies will wake between 4-6 to play for a little while and then go back to sleep.  If you haven't, I would let her go a few minutes (unless she's all out crying) and see what she does.  Also...have you tried using pat/ssh?  Maybe pu/pd is too stimulating for her?

**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 15:16:19 pm »
She was all out  crying.  I tried pat shush I barely even did PU PD because I couldn't even settle her in my arms.Should I just take her downstairs if I can't get her to calm down and then try in another hour or so? Or do I wait until the time when she should get up which should be 6:30 or 7 am?
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Offline owelley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 57
  • You took the fall and thought of me above all.
    • www.chordpower.com
Re: Wakes up at 4:30am what do I do?
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 22:30:38 pm »
  My dd does the same thing.  I pat/ssh for a few minutes and she settles.  I hope to avoid this tomorrow by waking her an hour early like it say's in th BW book.
Blessed beyond measure.