Author Topic: Need help with Dream Feed  (Read 1040 times)

Offline ems

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 09, 2006, 16:55:11 pm »
I've got a 4 wk old who we're really trying to do the dream feed with. The only problem is that he's impossible to wake up! His last feeding is around 7 and he goes down at 8ish and we're trying the dream feed at 10 or 10:30. I've started pumping to give him a bottle to try to keep as calm as possible like the book suggested, but once he's sleeping, he's really out! We've resorted to doing a quick diaper change to try to get him awake. The sitting upright and rubbing his hands doesn't help either. Does anyone have any suggestions that have worked with dream feeds when you've got a child who is totally asleep?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Need help with Dream Feed
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 19:13:50 pm »
Hi  :)

If the diaper change works and he falls back asleep while feeding (which is what we want him to do) then I would keep with that.  But keep trying without the diaper change first.  You could also give it a try at 11:00 if you'd like (I always had dh do the df as I wanted to sleep by that time  ;)).  Or if it just seems utterly impossible to wake him you could concentrate on doing cluster feeds instead.

:)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom