Author Topic: DF question  (Read 839 times)

Offline jbepko

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
DF question
« on: February 09, 2006, 20:27:13 pm »
So this question could probably be in several different forums. My 6 mo has been fairly good able sleeping through the night (except for growth spurts, illness, developmental stages, and routine changes). He's EBF...we just started rice cereal last week due to food allergies. For the last week or so he is waking up early (around 0400-0430). He usually goes to sleep around 6:30 and I wake him at 0530....and boy is he hungry...he tried sucking my shoulder this morning. I've added 1 - 1 1/2 oz to his EBF during the day (three bottles). I haven't been doing DF (it didn't seem to work) but am thinking about re-starting. I am going to start him on bananas this weekend, so a few extra calories. Any other thoughts? Any experience with starting DF at this late age? I'm not upset about his early waking...alhtough it will be rough on weekend and it really drives DH crazy (although I'm the one who gets up with him). TIA.
Jeni

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Re: DF question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 21:27:08 pm »
Jeni:  I had troubles with doing a successful dreamfeed until about 5 months or so.  My lo woke up twice during the night to feed anyway, so I thought it just wasn't for him.  But once he was ready, we started it and it worked wonders for us.  So the short answer is yes, it can work when implemented even late in the game.

My only question would be how many feeds is your lo getting?  You mention that they're just starting solids and they get three feeds during the day.  I don't think anything less than 5 would be enough.  And 5 would be the bare minimum.  Maybe that's why they're waking up so hungry.

Keep us posted!   :)
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline jbepko

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 01:50:35 am »
Jodie- DD gets 5 feeds a day...I nurse him twice and he gets three bottles of EBM at daycare. Good to know that I can start DF at this stage...of course it make take a few days for my supply to catch up.
Jeni

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 14:30:48 pm »
Thanks for answering my post.  Sorry for being a little apprehensive in the last posts about the # of feeds. 

Good luck with the df.  I'm wishing you success.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)