Author Topic: Night feed?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Renee'sMum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: February 10, 2006, 01:35:13 am »
I just started EASY today. For the most part it has gone well.  My question is: since I did the cluster feed and plan to do the dream feed in a few hours, if/when she wakes in the middle of the night, how do I know what to do?  Sh/pat, pu/pd, check diaper (I am using cloth, so she feels a wet diaper more than a disposable), and/or feed?  Just got the latest book yesterday, so haven't read everything yet.
Cheryl
London, ON

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Night feed?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 02:09:46 am »
what age is your lo... & what is your day routine like, sorry but it is impossible to give any idea of what to do for night feeds without an age & idea of routine & how your lo falls asleep at bedtime
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline evelincosta

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Sammy's mamy
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 02:42:42 am »
Great question! I'm at the same deal... :P
My son is 8 weeks old and he has a good routine...Normally he eat 6oz each 4 hours, play/bath/massage after eat...and sleep. Yesterday I try to put him on EASY... In addition, he eat by 11:30 pm and wake up by 4:45am and didn't sleep he cry a lot because he wants his formula. I feed him about 6:00 and he slept by 6:40. I pat/shh and I hold him one time. What I should do tonight? Wait to feed him? Let him cry? Try to pat/shh?
I live in Mexico (8:40pm) so I have time to fix a strategy.
Thanks
Evelin
Brazilian Mammy, American daddy and I was born in México...Now I'm living in Dubai!!!
I'm international boy!
I was born on december 03, 2005

Offline Katet

• Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 04:03:00 am »
Evelin, at 8 weeks old, getting from 11.30 to 4.45 on 4 hourly feeds is FANTASTIC, I would feed your baby WHENEVER it wakes at night & to try & get a longer night sleep, I would feed every 3 hours in the day... 8 week olds often don't sleep more than 4 hours at night so to have got a longer stretch than that you are lucky.
If he woke at 4.45 I am 200% certain he was hungry & you should feed him then, not wait & let him cry until 6am. So he only strategy I think you need is actually to change your thinking, I wouldn't be counting on him sleeping until 6 or 7am for a month or 2 yet & even then there is no guarantee...sorry if I sound harsh there but I have a sick 8month old & 5 hours for me would be bliss.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline evelincosta

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Sammy's mamy
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 11:08:41 am »
Thank you very very much for your support!
I'll definetly chanche my position...por little guy! :'(
Once more THANKS

Evelin
Brazilian Mammy, American daddy and I was born in México...Now I'm living in Dubai!!!
I'm international boy!
I was born on december 03, 2005

Offline Renee'sMum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 14:24:29 pm »
Sorry! Guess having lo age would be a help!!  She is 8.5 weeks old.  Since yesterday was the first day for us to do EASY, I was following the routine in the book. I cluster fed at 5ish and 7ish.  Did the dream feed at 10 (although she did wake up.  I am breastfeeding). She woke at 1:30 and again at 4:30 so I fed her and she went right back down and woke again this morning at 7am and we are now into our 2nd day.
Cheryl
London, ON

Offline Katet

• Sydney Australia
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 18:08:20 pm »
rogue, I would say for an 8.5 week old you are doing great, as for the night feeds at this stage if you are bf, I would keep doing them, as you get more into the EASY routine & your lo gets older they should drop off on their own. Just remember, EASY is a concept, ie have A before S not so much a "clock watching routine", so you can learn when your lo is hungry & tired, so sometimes it won't be an exact science as to "timing", but that is fine, at this age feedings can still be every 2 hours in some babies, while others will last 6-8 hours overnight, neither is abnormal, just what they do all babies ARE different & the idea of EASY is it is a way to get to know your lo.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05