Author Topic: Still struggling with timing of meals  (Read 2883 times)

Offline mom2asher

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Still struggling with timing of meals
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 01:00:30 am »

Magicbelly --

In reponse:
1. When did he drop the afternoon catnap?
2. Did he wake for the dreamfeed when you dropped it?

Hi there. Hope things are going better for you. In response to your questions, he dropped the catnap around 6.5 months. I noticed that he would be tired but really fight actually sleeping. Now during that time period we do quiet activity. He likes to lay in his crib and watch a mobile or just roll around with his lovey. So he gets some rest but doesn't sleep.
When we dropped the dream feed, he didn't wake. I was kind of shocked actually but I really don't think he needed it. It was more for me:) There were some nights he would wake up but the paci and some pats on the back put him back to sleep. Now he goes from 7-7 no problem.
Hope this helps.

Kim

Offline Ethan'sMom.

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Still struggling with timing of meals
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 01:32:29 am »
Help!!  My ds is 6mths old.  I started him on solids at 4mths as he weighed 19lbs.  When he gets up in the morning, which can be anywhere from 6-8am, I sometimes offer the bottle first and sometimes cereal first.  Sometimes he eats cereal first, other times he wants the bottle first.  Then for the second feed, I offer the bottle first, fruit second, third feed, bottle first, veggies second.  My problem is that many times all he wants is the bottle and I think I am offering the solids too soon after the bottle (within 20-30m).  I think I will try to wait 1&1/h hrs like I notice many moms doing.  He also is starting to stay up 21/2-3hours and then maybe nap.  He sometimes wakes up and I have to do p/u.p/d to get him to go back to sleep, which could take 1/2hour.  My other dilemma is this: many times he wants to eat say at 4pm-an 8oz bottle, then again at 6pm then again at 7:30-7:45pm, then bedtime.  We are still doing the df at 11pm, assuming he does not wake up before then.  He is consuming a lot of liquid (35-40oz/day) and I don't think he is getting enough solids to last him.  Any suggestions, comments, hints??  I am so confused!!
May God give us the strength and grace to do the right things for our children, even though it kills us!!