Author Topic: 6 Month Old and Dream Feeding  (Read 1242 times)

Offline bwwrshpr

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Ontario, Canada
« on: February 10, 2006, 16:20:14 pm »
Hello

I have a spirited, almost 6 month old son who has been on a 4 hour E.A.S.Y for about 2 1/2 weeks.  It's been hard but not as hard as it was before I started E.A.S.Y.  He was never a good sleeper but now he will sleep for almost 8 hours at a time when I put him down at night.  He goes down good, no crying.  The thing is, I feed him and then it takes me about an hour and a half to get him back to sleep.  I have never given him a dream feed, his last feed is around 7-730 each night.  So I know he's probably hungry when he wakes.

Should I start dream feeding him now or just wait it out until he can sleep through the night?  He's been exclusively breastfed until about a week ago when I started him on cereal at dinner time, only about 1.5 tbsp.  He is a big boy, already over 20 pounds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Mindy
Mindy   mom to Gabriel - August 18, 2005

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: 6 Month Old and Dream Feeding
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 21:05:30 pm »
IMHO....

he might not necessarily be waking cause he's hungry.  is it at the same time every night, or sporadic.  if it's the same time (within 10 minutes), it's probably habit.  you might want to try wake-to-sleep and see if you can crack it that way.

6 months seems late to start a dream feed, but that's just me - and i never did one.   ;)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline bwwrshpr

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 22:50:25 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

Two nights now he has woken at the same time but he takes a full feed and doesn't fall asleep while eating.  But you could be right, he may not be hungry.

Thanks
Mindy   mom to Gabriel - August 18, 2005