Author Topic: I finally bit the bullet...don't want to jinx it but...there is hope  (Read 812 times)

Offline debandbrian

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Well, if you click on me and read all of my previous posts, you'll know that I've been pulling my hair out since October with naps - crying before naps, needing to be nursed and then rocked, thirty minute naps...
So, we are currently shopping for daycare now as I'm going back to work at the end of March - the thought of having Charles be kicked out of daycare because he needed undivided attention and rocking and endless pu/pd made me sick to my stomach!!!  :P
Today I decided not to rock him or pick him up - did the whole loooooooooooooong winddown (he's a spirited little guy) and when we entered his room he started to cry (as usual) but this time I just put him in his crib and patted him and talked to him. He screamed pretty hysterically but not for too long. I did do the patting - but as little as I could get away with....
Well, he slept for 70 mins straight this morning and we are now on nap #2 which has been, so far......drum roll........an hour and 40 minutes.
Really, I am going to jinx it - hr'll probably be up to his same shenanigans tomorrow, but right now I am so happy I could just cry!!!!

So I don't know if this is coincidental or the fact that I'm weaning him so he's starting to get that I'm not going to nurse him to sleep, or that all the effort has actually paid off.

Hang in there everyone - after all of my work (and dh's) there does shine a light at the end of the tunnel...

Deborah

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
Re: I finally bit the bullet...don't want to jinx it but...there is hope
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 21:04:18 pm »
Congratulations Deborah!!!!

Oh it means sooooo much when they can sleep more than 45 minutes doesn't it?  I bet you're thrilled.

Incidentally I found that when I started weaning dd (who is also spirited) she started extending her naps.  I remember the first day I gave her weetabix for breakfast she immediately fell into a deep sleep and I had to wake her after 3.5 hours because it was time for her bottle - what a result!!

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that he'll carry on taking long naps!!
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy