Author Topic: Ready to try again, where do I start?  (Read 1003 times)

stasztk

Ready to try again, where do I start?
« on: February 11, 2006, 06:55:58 am »
Hey it's me again  ;D
I think many of you remember my story about what has caused so many issues with Kaitlyn's sleep. Well after 5 months (and loads of therapy) I am ready to try again. I have so many reasons to move her to her crib but I have no idea where to start.  I know I can ask all of you loving and supportive ladies to bear with me and help me get through this. Thank you.

We are dealing with every accidental parenting issue in the book. Kaitlyn continues to sleep in our bed every night. (you all know what that means for playtime for mommy and daddy!)  I have not tried to get her to sleep anywhere else for a long time. She also nurses to sleep and still nurses several times in the night. Naps are also a problem because she thinks she has to be nursed and then held for the duration of her nap.

I know this is going to be a lot of work, but I know if anyone can help me and support me it's you guys. I am open to ideas and I am going to work hard.
Where do you think I should start?

TIA  :)

Judy

Re: Ready to try again, where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 12:58:35 pm »
Start with a nap.  I would maybe nurse her a bit earlier and keep her awake if possible, put her in her crib when really tired, try pu/pd, patting, rubbing general consoling and comforting.

Offline Windsurfer's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • http://www.crystal-seasons.co.uk
Re: Ready to try again, where do I start?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 13:58:14 pm »
WOW you are so lucky to have so many children. I would tackle one thing at a time, maybe still nurse but put her in her crib for all her sleeps once she is happy there target the "you really do not need BF to go to sleep" or do it the other way round. I know that I feel bad if I try to change too much at once my LO is most likely fine but I do it for me! Maybe use her crib as a place to play so she know and likes it. good luck
clare
Life's a journey, not a destination!