Author Topic: Short naps lead to short EASY  (Read 1226 times)

Offline jcasto

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 12, 2006, 17:15:59 pm »
My LO is 12 weeks old and takes 45 minute naps, which leads to a short EASY schedule - about 2 to 2.5 hours.  I have tried to extend them like it discusses in the Naps Forum, but he doesn't seem to really want more sleep.  He's happy and sociable when he's awake, so it seems he gets enough sleep with his 45 min naps.

I have been trying to draw out the time between braest feedings by giving him some activity time before he eats.  So, my EASY is actually EASA.  But I can't get much time between nap and feeding, because he is used to eating directly after his nap.  Is there something else I can do?  Or do I have t wait for him to grow out of it?  I have also tried extending his awake time after the feeding, but he gets pretty cranky and it's hard to settle him down for a nap.

He's a good eater an usually sleeps through the night.  I think he just went through his 3 month growth spurt, bc he was waking up to eat at 3, which he didn't do last night.

Here is my schedule (give or take):
7-7:30 eat
7:30-8 activity
8-8:15 wind down
8:-9 nap
9-9:15 - activity
9:15-9:45 eat

This continues for the rest of the day until 7ish.  I BF him at 7 and 8:30, ad at 8:45 he goes to bed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Short naps lead to short EASY
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 03:22:51 am »
Any adjustments to EASY you need to do is perfectly fine.  He will "grow out" of it as he ages and is able to stay awake for longer periods of time and space his feedings more.  The main thing is that he is not feeding to sleep, which it does not sound like is the case.  I had a short napper, too, and you end up with many combinations of EASY:  EASAESAE....  If he's tired after a feeding due to a short nap, have a story, change his diaper, and still allow him to fall asleep independently.  HTH
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007