Author Topic: 3 month old...... night wakings..help!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1218 times)

Offline dionne

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old...... night wakings..help!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 12, 2006, 17:43:07 pm »
Hello there Just looking for some advice!  My son just turned 3 months
He goes to sleep around 630 wakes around 9 again at 130 and 430 and from then on usually every hour till I get him up at 6am.  This routine seems pretty consistent (and tiring) He uses a soother and we do not wrap him.  He will usually eat at those feeds however as the night goes on he takes less and less   What should I do???? He will not settle back down with the soother those times (I tried)
Another question  I tried the swaddling but he resists...He is trying to get his hands in his mouth (so I dont like to push the swaddling!) but he does not get soothed with his hands yet.  Should I keep trying with the swaddling??????????
I would like to wean him off the paci cause at times (esp naps) I believe he wakes cause it falls out..Any suggestions?
He is not really on the EASY plan When I tried he doesnt seem to take full feeds when  I believe he should want them IE 4 hours have passed therefore he takes frequent small feeds !!!!!!!!!!

Would appreciate any advice
Thank You

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: 3 month old...... night wakings..help!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 00:06:22 am »
Hi there

I can't respond right now but I wanted to bump you back up to the first page.

I'll check back and post when I can but hopefully someone esle might have some suggestions for you in the meantime.

Cheers
Jo

Offline marleysmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 23:25:21 pm »
I have just gone through this, my baby is 14 weeks old. She used a paci until 10 days ago. Around 10 weeks she started taking much shorter naps, and it was impossible for her to fall asleep. It would be a constant battle of putting the paci back in her mouth every 5 minutes until she was completely worn out enough to fall asleep, sometimes by then it would be almost time for a bottle. At night she would always fall asleep on her own, we have a great bedtime routine which we stick to every night. She wouldn't even need the paci at bedtime, but around midnight the game would begin. Every 20-30 min. my husband or I would get up to go put the pacifier back in her mouth to stop the screaming! After about 2 weeks and complete exhaustion and much debate and research we decided to get rid of the paci. The first night was horrible, I regretted the entire idea and wanted to give her the pacifier. We slept for maybe 2 hours the entire night. The second night was worse, from 12am until 3:30am she cried without a break. We did PU/PD, but she kept crying until she exhausted herself. The third night was like a miracle. We laid her down at 8:30, she fussed around 3:15am for maybe 4 minutes then woke at her usual 4:00am bottle. Now it has been 10 days and it was the best thing we have done so far. Naps are better, She sleeps straight from 8:30 to 4:00am, and cries less during the day. I will say I am still a little afraid of going in public without the pacifier, but it is so worth it!!!
Marleys Mommy

Offline dionne

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 01:15:37 am »
Marleysmom

Thank You for your response and encouragement!!!!   I havent tried it yet but I am still undecided whether I should get rid of it completely or not.  He doesnt seem to wake frequently to be "plugged" in but I do realize that he is beginning to rely on it more and more.  I guess I just dont want to go through the torture although as u say it will only last a short while.  So do u give it to your LO at all

Thanks

Offline marleysmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 18:31:22 pm »
We went for a clean break of no paci for about 2 weeks. Now we have reintroduced it, but only in the car, and stressful situations. It helps calm her down, we do not allow it at home,especially in the crib!! She is doing great, and I don't regret weaning her at all!!
Marleys Mommy