Author Topic: using dethawed bm?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
using dethawed bm?
« on: February 13, 2006, 00:10:05 am »
So I have a chart of how long to store freshly expressed and dethawed bm in vaious types of cooling devices i.e. deep freezer vs room temp vs cooler with ice pack.  For dethawed bm (out of freezer), it says not to store at room temp which makes sense, but it also says not tos tore in a cooler with ice packs.  Does this mean you can't use dethawed bm outside of your house? i.e. for daycare where they want the milk in pre-measured amounts in bottles?  TIA

Offline jbepko

• Showing Appreciation 32
Re: using dethawed bm?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 13:34:42 pm »
I sometimes freeze DD's bottles in correct feeding amount, freeze then remove from freezer before bedtime and place in fridge. In the am, just take the cooler to school with him...and it goes back into fridge until his feeding time. Our drive to school is <10 min, so I don't use a freezer pack. Considering how long it takes the milk to thaw, I wouldn't think you need an freezer pack unless you were on a road trip for a couple hours with the frozen milk.
Jeni

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Re: using dethawed bm?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 13:35:10 pm »
Well, I did it and nothing terrible happened! It might be because you don't want to freeze it again...? I wouldn't stress it too much, personally.  I used to give it to the daycare for dd after defrosting it.
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha