Author Topic: 11 Month old night wakes  (Read 889 times)

Offline KTanner

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 13, 2006, 00:19:38 am »
I have a 11 month old beautiful daughter that gives me so much pleasure during the day. We have a lovely routine before going to bed where we have a bath together then bottle and kisses from sisters, daddy and mummy. Straight down in to the cot and asleep. Lovely. Until about midnight when she wakes. Just the first in at least 5 during the night. I have followed advice to remove her dummy and let her cry herself to sleep, but still after a hour she is still waking both my step children and next door neighbour's young boy up. I'm willing to try anything. Please

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 11 Month old night wakes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 03:09:36 am »
OK you mentioned that you followed advice to let her cry herself to sleep, I assume that wasn't from this site, as that is a concept strongly opposed by Tracy Hogg & the BW community as it breaks trust.

At 11 months old your lo would have been having separation anxiety at some stage in the last few months & letting her cry to sleep would have just made it harder for you & her.

yous say you have removed the dummy ie she no longer uses it, or that you take it out once she is asleep... if this is the case then it could be a prop & that is what she is looking for to get back to sleep, so you need to wean her off it completely, or teach her to find it herself in the night.

On the crying to sleep. My best advice is you actually need to go to her at night & help her go back to sleep, you need to be with her from the moment she crys until she is asleep, to re-build her trust in you. Look at the Pick up /Put down forum for advice on how to do that if you need to, but it may be she just needs you to go into her & give her a cuddle until she is calm & then she will go back to sleep... you might try sleeping on the floor in her room for a week or so to help & then gradually move yourself out of her room.

There is no magic quick fix solution & it will proabably take you a few weeks to get the wakings less frequent.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: 11 Month old night wakes
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:32:35 am »
just wanted to post and wish you luck, you can do it, i agree with the advise katet gave, spot on