Author Topic: i cant get my baby to eat!!!  (Read 963 times)

Offline sarahS

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
i cant get my baby to eat!!!
« on: February 13, 2006, 08:21:48 am »
Hi everyone.

From reading other posts i am beginning to realise that this is a common problem with 8 month olds. :( but my little one just does not want to eat his food anymore. He took to solids so well and has been happily eating until about two weeks ago.
now if you offer food on a spoon he closes his mouth tight and there is no hope of anything getting past it. but it seems mainly to be with savoury foods. it could be because his food has got lumpier and now he has to actually chew rather than just swollow. he also seems to want to feed himself, so i offer food he can hold and his own spoon. i try to eat with him and make mealtimes fun. but i just don't know how to get the food in him. he had been ill for a few weeks and lost a bit of weight so i am quite concerned he is not going to be putting it back on. any suggestions of what the problem might be or how i can encourage self feeding which he should be just getting introduced to at this age.

SARAH

Offline LeslieG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
Re: i cant get my baby to eat!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:06:41 pm »
I don't have advice but I basically just posted the same questions....my dd is 8 months on Wednesday. I think it must be a stage they go through. My LO is still sleeping well so I am guessing she isn't hungry....

Leslie

Offline Minimonkey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • I can't believe he's one already....
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 15:45:03 pm »
I don't have any advice either, but am also having problems (see my post).  My ds was never a good eater, breastfeeding was always problematic.  I just kept thinking things would be better when he ate solids....boy was i misguided!  Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone!

Offline LeslieG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 15:57:58 pm »
Here is a response to the question I posed. I think I just need to lighten up about her food intake and continue to be creative.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=52790.msg366202#msg366202

Offline angiea

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 01:23:46 am »
My son is 7 1/2 months and he's doing the same thing.  He also cries everytime I put the tray on his highchair or on his booster seat and also when I put on a bib.  I think that's part of the problem because he gets so worked up by those things, he doesn't want to eat.  Any advice?