Author Topic: Am I too obsessed about formula??  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Maggie and Nathan's Mommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • WITH FREEDOM COMES RESPONSIBILITY
Am I too obsessed about formula??
« on: February 13, 2006, 21:41:37 pm »
When Nathan was in the hospital, they gave us Enfamil formula.  When we got home I spoke to the docs office about something and mentioned the formula.  they said it was the best formula unless your child was colicy.  It would be a very gassy formula.  SO we switched slowly to goodstart.  Maggie had HORRIBLE colic and when we put her on goodstart she got better.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or just her age??!!

So now a solid week on the Goodstart and Nathan is getting worse every day with horrible gas.  It smells aweful.  I hate to switch formula again.  Am I just being obsessive??
TARA

Maggie  06/18/02

Nathan   01/30/06

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Am I too obsessed about formula??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 22:03:47 pm »
Truth is you need to find the right formula for your LO. Enfamil A+ is pretty good, so is Goodstart. However they are only good if your LO is good on them. Talk to your Doctor and make sure you tell them all that you see. ie How gassy your LO is, are they spitting up, things like that. It may be the formula it may not be.
We went through Goodstart, Enfamil, and simillac and then found Parents Choise (walmart brand) which was the best formula for our LO. Keep your eye's open in case your LO is milk, or lactose intalerant, or just has a more sensativer tummy.
No your not being to obsessed at all, as much as you don't want to keep switching formulas, you also want one that works for your LO.
HTH
Kimberly

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 03:23:32 am »
Hi!  :)
I would try switching the formula.  You may also want to try Mylicon drops...
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 20:46:33 pm »
My baby was very colicky and we were on Enfamily Nutramigen (aka Liquid Gold)  Now we're on Enfamily Gentlease.  IT's for gassy/fussy babies and he's been great on it for the past 5 months!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline StephC

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 23:26:46 pm »
My little girl didn't do very good on Goodstart, she was very gassy with it.  We tried lots of options but ended up going back to what they provided us in the hospital which was Similac Advance.  I think you need to try different ones till you find what works for your LO, BUT I know how you feel.  I felt bad switching all the time but now we have a happy girl and a cupboard full of formula that we dont' use.   :)

Steph