Author Topic: 1:15 a.m. waking  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Anne M.

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:14:17 am »
My 7 month old son has been waking up EVERY night at 1:15 a.m. for the past few months and would not go back to sleep on his own.  He also wakes up around 4-5 a.m. at which time I nurse him.
Let me give you a little background:
He often wakes up from his naps crying, obviously he has not had enough sleep, but will not go back to sleep.
He used to take a pacifier and stopped taking it after a bad cold/ear infection.
He cannot sleep on his own, I am tying to fix that for each nap/bedtime.  UNFORTUNATELY, after having tried putting him down when he is 1/2 asleep, leaving a night light, following a bedtime routine, etc... I have had to let him cry it out. First nap he hardly cried anymore (3-5 mins), but as the day progresses, he cries for longer. When he wakes up at 1:15 am. it can take him more than 1 hour to settle.  He is sharing a room with his 7 year old brother, so I can't leave him in bed crying/whimpering in the middle of the night, I take him down to the basement and put him in a bassinet/pram next to the couch to let him cry, and I talk to him/caress him every few minutes. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I talk to him or not, he still cries VERY loudly.

PLEASE help.  It is the middle of the night, and I need to sleep!!!
Thank you,
Anne ???

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: 1:15 a.m. waking
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:37:55 am »
hello, i see this is your first post, have you read any of the books tracy has written? have you read any of the other post? there are some very similar to your own, you must be feeling very tired, my dd woke twice a night at about the same age as your son, this is when we first started with the bw, my dd is a wonderful sleeper, we do have our times but mostly it is because something is happening or i am not reading her right, i just want to say you can do it, but you need to read heap, ask as many question as you need