Author Topic: Night Wakings - 7mths  (Read 968 times)

Offline McKenzie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 15, 2006, 10:30:16 am »
G'Day

I have been reading the site for quite a few mths now, but alas it is now time that I really require a little help in figuring out what is stopping my little poppet putting herself back to sleep.

Just after Christmas while teething my babe started waking through the night.  All we had to do is walk in to her room place our hand on her chest and couple of minutes she was back to sleep, after approx 10 days low and behold a tooth appeared and hey presto the night wakings disappeared (same as when her first tooth disappeared).

Another teething episode and no tooth and no disappearance of the dreaded night wakings - ahhh and they are worsening they started as a around a bouts 11pm & 3pm now even her baby phantom cry as she goes into big night sleep is interupted and she can not get back.  During the night to get back to sleep we place our hand on her chest no more intervention than that and even after quite for 15mins get back into bed and then 10 mins later she is grunting almost out of control for us to go to her again.  Last night we were up from 1 - 5am!!!!! and it was our wedding anniversary boohoo us :(

So far this is our thought pattern:

Hunger - do not see how as breast feeds during day are 7am (1/2 hour) all the rest are 15mins 11am 3 or 4pm 6 or 7pm
solid feeds - 12:30pm - 3 big ice cubes of vegetables         5:30pm - 2 big ice cubes of vegetables

accidental parenting of babe needing our presence to go to sleep - during day time babe gets put in cot and within 10 - 20 mins is asleep sometimes I wander in putting away clothes and out same as when it is time for night time sleep so as you can see she is fully capable of going to sleep with out any presence in the room.

Discomfort - has stopped teething and is not the same sound - have changed nappy as well to rule this out no sign of body language discomfort

Is it separation anxiety even though it is not really showing its form in any other form?????????

any suggestions are warmly welcomed

McKenzie & family

ps - even my dog is tired

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Night Wakings - 7mths
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 23:24:46 pm »
Given her age, my thought is developmental, is she moving around, starting to crawl?

That is what I am going through at the moment & actually the only thing that works for that is unfortunately time.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline McKenzie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:10:05 am »
Thanks for the reply

It seems that my bub must have hit her peak the other night when I wrote my posting as she has settled right down, still waking a little (but a little is easily coped with).

She is not crawling but getting very physical in her movement bending and twisting her body and stretching herself towards objects.  She lifts her body off the floor and legs at the same time so I am assuming crawling is not far away.

Sorry to hear that you are going through a similar situation, I hope it does not last long.

McKenzie :)

Offline squeaky's mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • Sophie and Tom
Re: Night Wakings - 7mths
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 10:24:56 am »
Hi,

Glad to hear things are getting better. I've slowly come to realise that so many things can cause night wakings at this age (dd is 7.5 months and has had restless/sleepless nights for 3 months now) that as soon as it is at its worst it starts getting better and as soon as you think you have cracked it something else raises it head and the problems start all over again. I guess you just have to be patient with the lo's and hope that the day it starts getting better and keeps getting better comes sooner rather than later.

Good luck

Claire
Claire

Mum to Sophie (08/07/2005) and Tom (09/02/2008)