Author Topic: Getting an every-2-hrs. breastfed baby on EASY  (Read 1226 times)

Offline baltigirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Getting an every-2-hrs. breastfed baby on EASY
« on: February 15, 2006, 22:51:54 pm »
We've been trying BW techniques for a few days now and have had some success: for one thing, our daughter now will sleep in her crib instead of the swing or on us, so that's a big and positive change! :)

But the problem seems to be sticking to an every 3 hour schedule for our 2 1/2 month old daughter. She is used to eating every 2-2.5 hours and always wakes up exactly in time to eat at that time from her naps.  I've tried to delay the feeding by playing with her, but then she seems to get more tired than usual during her feeding. (She usually is fine staying up after a feeding.) So when she wakes up "early" from her nap (too early for an every 3 hr feeding) should I just feed her?? Or should I do something more like EASYAE (eat, activity, sleep, "you", THEN activity before eating.)

Help!!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: Getting an every-2-hrs. breastfed baby on EASY
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 00:53:04 am »
at that age i woudl try as hard as possible to stretch to at least 2.5 hrs so you could do a mix of 2.5 or 3hrs as she goes through the day . you can do activity after her nap to delay the feed (if she is crying from hunger than of course feed her, but try to delay even a small block of time) to keep it low key so as not to tire her out excessively you can use that time to go for a walk so that she is distracted by nature and not doing too much herself and then give the feed after the walk.  i am sure others can give some tipes for ways to stretch and i would definitely have a look on the BF board.

that is awesome that she is now sleeping in her crib. she will probably start stretching the feeds (you can try pushing them out as little as 5 or 10 min each feed rather than forcing her to wait an hour)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified