Author Topic: Need to get 12 week old to drop one feeding  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Teresa77

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need to get 12 week old to drop one feeding
« on: February 16, 2006, 00:20:33 am »
I need help on how many ounces of formula to give my son, how far they should be spaced apart and also how to get him to sleep longer during the night.  Currently, we are on a three hour schedule.  Sleep,wake up and eat 4 ounces(Sometimes he takes less in the morning and more in the evening), play, get cranky and sleep again.  We do that all day long except for at night.  At night you can set a clock to him.  He wakes up every 3 hours.  Once he is fed he goes right back to sleep.  Unfortunately, I go back to work next week and right now he gets me up two times at night.  I'd like to cut that down to at least one.  I think that the amount of ounces I give him and how I space them out effects whether or not he can sleep through the night.  I try to feed him more in the evening but that does not seem to really help.  Sometimes it does but mostly he still gets up every three hours.  Is there some feeding schedule that I can put him on at this age that can help with sleeping through the night?  For instance should I go to a four hour feeding schedule and if so how much should I feed him at each feeding? And how much should I feed him before putting him down at night?

Thanks.

Offline cassidyJamiesmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Need to get 12 week old to drop one feeding
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 02:14:01 am »
Your day sounds exactly like mine.  My dd is 12 wks tomorrow and also takes only about 4 oz at a time, she still gets up THREE times at night for feeds, usually every 3 hrs.  I personally don't think you can force them out of a feed just yet.  But maybe someone will have an idea for you.  My ped said unfortunately my lo has a little tummy and can only hold so much in there!  I am hoping shje will have that 3 month growth spurt soon and maybe begin to take more in durung the day and wake less at nite..

Good Luck!!

Offline Teresa77

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Need to get 12 week old to drop one feeding
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 00:53:19 am »
Thank you cassidyJamiesmom! It's nice to know others are going through what I am going through.

Thank you Stacy! My son is taking the bottle during the night and he drinks them pretty fast, so I agree that he does need them.  I will try your suggestions and see if they work for me.  I appreciate your help.

Thanks.