Author Topic: Mixing veg and fruit together  (Read 1136 times)

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Mixing veg and fruit together
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:05:42 am »
Hi,
I have been having troubles with feeding my ds veg.  The only way he will eat some veggies is if i have fruit on the spoon as well.  This is the same with meat.  I have just started meat mixed with veg but he will not have any of it unless I have it mixed with fruit.  At this point in the game is that fine to be doing that.  My mother told me when I was a baby I wouldn't eat anything unless the was applesauce mixed in with it.  Is this okay to be doing for now.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: Mixing veg and fruit together
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 04:02:52 am »
Of course it's OK, as long as it gets him to eat.  I mix quite a few different things together in order to get DD to eat it.  She likes some veggies by themselves, but some i have mixed with fruits or other favorites to get her to try them.  I myself eat lots of things mixed together, so I don't mind if that's the way she likes to eat.  Also, when introducing a new food, pair it with a favorite first and then transition to it by itself.

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 05:04:34 am »
Thank you for your reply.
I just feel that he should like veg right from the start but then again i am not a big fan of veg myself.  I get nervous that he will develop a sweet tooth but I geuss as long as he is geting veg....
thanks
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline vannat

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 15:58:48 pm »
currently i have a 6 month old daughter (and  5 year old and 7 year old girls).  with all my children i pretty well always mixed some fruit with their veg when they were little.  i do this with my LO now as well.  My older two girls have grown up to eat veg well and already by 12 months (or perhaps a bit older) were eating veg on its own.  So I don't think it is a problem at all to mix fruit with veg - they will get used to all sorts of food eventually!

all the best

Offline GabrielleD

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 17:25:26 pm »
That's so funny...I have the exact opposite problem. DS loves vegetables, but doesn't much like fruit. I basically need to make sure I give him veggies, or else he won't eat any fruit. I guess he takes after him Mom (I am not a major fruit lover either).