Author Topic: how do you introduce a lovey???  (Read 1345 times)

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
how do you introduce a lovey???
« on: February 16, 2006, 05:39:02 am »
Hi everyone!!

I'm just wondering how do you introduce a lovey to your LO, 'cause i don't think my LO woudl be interested in a blankie or anything that's not bright colored, and if he's gonna sleep with it, perhaps it shouldn't be very colored.. i dunno i'm just a bit confused... ??? he is almost 4 months old and he uses a paci (i'd like to wean him eventually from it...)

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Re: how do you introduce a lovey???
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 06:23:02 am »
Hi,
I just bought my ds a little light blue blanky that had a little bear stitched into the center of it(so it all kinda hung from the bear??)  It had satin all around the outside of it and I just gave it to him one night and he feel for it.  He only has it when he goes to bed or if he is sleepy and is cuddling with one of us.  He chews on the corners of it right now, as he is teething.  As soon as I lie him in the crib he reaches for it.  It is such a comfort thing for him.  I always had satin to rub and I still do :-[
Anyways I think you just have to find what you feel safe for him to have and something that you feel would be comforting.
tht
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 14:53:16 pm »
i had tried a few different stuffed animals/blankets.  first i introduced the softest ones i thought she would like but she took to a non colorful brown bear instead of the pink bunnies etc i tried to get her to go for.  she also wasn't interested in any blankets until one night she wouldn't sleep and i threw off my shirt and put it in her crib so she had my scent and she ended up sleeping better and is ADDICTED to the shirt especially.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 14:59:24 pm »
My top tip would be to take the lovey to bed with you for a night before you give it to her - then it will be full of all those yummy mummy smells ;) I did this with my DDs "cuski" and she sleeps with it every night now. We don't take it out of the bedroom though - Cuski sleeps in her bed during the day so he can be awake at night while she's asleep (oh, those little white lies we tell :) ).

love

Marie

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 19:53:54 pm »
hi all! :D

thank you all for the tips :D, i just bought a blankie that also has a teddy bear in the middle just like the one Colenliam says, just this one is beige, and i'm gonna sleep with it today so it gets all those mummy smells for him ;), hope he likes it ;)!!
thank you all!!! :)