Author Topic: How to increase daily intake to cope with growthspurt if LO refuses more??  (Read 1084 times)

Offline carinah

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi.

Can anyone help please.  My baby hit a growthspurt at 11 weeks and has since then not slept through the night (she did before that for 3 weeks solid).  We increased her intake by 1 oz, but we cannot get her to take much more.  Yesterday she had 2 feeds at 2½ oz and 5 oz at dreamfeed....result was numerous wakings between 4-6 am and now I am just so exhausted.

How can I ensure she gets enough to last her through the night?  Dreamfeed is at 10:30 (DH does this before he is off to bed) and feed before then is 4 pm, 7 pm, bedtime 7:30.

Help please....
Thanks,

Carina (and baby Sofia)

Offline carinah

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: How to increase daily intake to cope with growthspurt if LO refuses more??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:04:53 am »
Hi!
Thanks for the reply!!

She hit growthspurt some 3 weeks back now and is still waking at night but at different times each night.  We never feed her at night but give her the dummy only until 7 am where she is fed (or slightly earlier if she wakes before 7).  If its habitual waking, then how come its different times each night?  Last night she slept from 11 - 06:30 am so no waking then and she ate better yesterday too.

But maybe yes we should introduce a clusterfeed.  I am just worried it will take away her appetite at 7 and 10:30 pm then?

She is also doing the 30 min naps during day so maybe that is causing her nightwakings too.  I hope it all passes when we can start her on solids at 4 month.
Thanks,

Carina (and baby Sofia)