Author Topic: LO addicted to water??  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:41:57 pm »
Hey guys,

The latest...idiosyncracy...with my DD is that she seems to go NUTS for water in a sippy cup.  She latched onto the whole sippy cup thing right away, so I experimented with putting formula into it, and also very diluted prune juice once due to constipation.  Wouldn't go near either, yet when there's water in it she goes BANANAS.  I know there's such a thing as giving too much water...DD is 6.5 months, eating two meals a day of about 2 oz each, plus her 5 bottles of 6-7 oz formula.  I'm limiting her water to 4-5oz a day like I've read, but I feel like I should just let her drink her water until she's satisfied but am just wondering what you all do.  And are your LO's crazy for water too?  Of course all I can think about is whether she could be diabetic or something (probably ridiculous I know)!

Thanks,

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline gueradeb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 08:37:41 am »
Hi.  My daughter also LOVES water.  She won't drink juice or anything else.  Can drink and drink water.  She's been this way since 5 months old when I first started giving her water.  I didn't know there was such a thing as too much water. I assumed that it's good for them to stay hydrated.
-Debbie

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: LO addicted to water??
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 16:31:42 pm »
it is definately a good things as long as your lo is thriving and eating properly...gaining weight properly.  as long as it doesn't interfere with the amount of bm or formula u are giving (just don't give it right before a feeding...i always give her some water before a nap so she doesn't wake up hungry, and when she actually does wake up she takes a full feeding).  it also help fight constipation...
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline jobi

• VBACing, homebirthing, breastfeeding, cloth nappying, babywearing mum to 6...
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 241
  • MUFC-The religion...
    • Ndi
Re: LO addicted to water??
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 15:13:46 pm »
My boys have a genetic condition called nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, so they only drink water, and lots of it, i'm forever filling up cups!!! The bad thing is it also needs to come out so we also have alot of pee in our house!!
Jo  
Mum to
Jordan-28-04-97
Marc Alex-30-06-02
Jamie- 06-05-04
And Shelby- 14-07-07
And now Brandon and Aimee!
Married to kev the invisible!!

Crazy? Moi? Of course!!