Author Topic: lovey  (Read 1324 times)

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
« on: February 16, 2006, 15:12:06 pm »
Thought I'd post this here to (hopefully) bring a smile to all us sleep deprived mummies..

My 18 month old never has had a lovey that she was deeply attached to although she does have a "nigh nigh" baby that we gave her that she does take to bed with her but it's never had the same importance as a lovey that she would have chosen herself.  I realise that I've become a prop for my dd sleeping and the last few days I've been trying to deal with this.  Coincidentally my dd has selected her lovey...a mitten.  Yes one mitten (an old one of her sisters)  which she insists on wearing to bed, even her naps.  thankfully we live in Canada and it is winter here so it's no problem but I'm not sure how it will work when it's 30C in the summer... ::)   

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: lovey
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 18:08:18 pm »
That is really cute!  Well at least she has something.  I had a friend whose son was attached to a jar of peanut butter!!!!!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 20:20:41 pm »
Yay! That's so cute!!  :)  Some advice though  ;)  Find some more of those mittens and rotate them in case you lose one and can wash them, etc.  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline lilbradi

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • My bright eyed little man!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 20:24:04 pm »
I can remember once with my 1st, he was about 9-10 months old and found 2 potatoes in the pantry and wouldn't let them go for an entire day.  I actually had to give the kid a bath with the darn things!  Thankfully, he forgot about them in the middle of the night. (Once he dropped them, I snatched them!)  That could have turned in to a mess otherwise!

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 20:29:03 pm »
That's so cute about the mitten.  :)

I can remember once with my 1st, he was about 9-10 months old and found 2 potatoes in the pantry and wouldn't let them go for an entire day.  I actually had to give the kid a bath with the darn things!  Thankfully, he forgot about them in the middle of the night. (Once he dropped them, I snatched them!)  That could have turned in to a mess otherwise!

LMAO, at least you wouldn't have had a problem getting duplicates - or rotating and cooking them.  :D

I worked with a guy who's nephew was attached to his mums bra, he took it everywhere. LOL :o