Author Topic: Does NOT like strained meat???  (Read 1299 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Does NOT like strained meat???
« on: February 17, 2006, 03:00:42 am »
Hi!  My lo has been eating solids for about a month and a half... he has had cereals, fruits and veggies... we have gone through all the stage 1's a few times... I introduced pured/strained chicken and WOW... did he ever make a  :P face.  It was quite obvious that he did not like the texture - and even gagged a little and tried to spit it out the second time I tried to give him some...  Should I wait to try again?  Is there a different type of meat that is smoother to the palate?  I tasted it, and it seemed "sand" like in texture.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance  ???
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline 15milner

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 211
Re: Does NOT like strained meat???
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:42:08 am »
I agree, chicken is an odd texture and flavour to start with.  The first time i gave it - i gave it 'neat' and got the same reaction.  After that I always added in some veg especially ones that were a favourite.  I gradually increased the amount of chicken compared with veg in the mix.

However, the best way many of us find to introduce chicken is to cook it WITH the vegetables as a mini casserole.

The first time - I cooked it with a couple of veg that I had introduced.  Once he was fine with the chicken, I used this basic idea to then introduce other veg that I hadn't done as they are'nt ones you'd give on thier own - onion, peppers, mushroom etc.

I also used the same principle to introducing other meats / fish.  Adding these new meats to known familiar combinations of veg.
HTH

Alex