Author Topic: What is it about Cheerios??  (Read 1168 times)

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
What is it about Cheerios??
« on: February 17, 2006, 05:09:09 am »
Does anyone have any idea why little kids like Cheerios?  I think it must be the texture that feels good on the gums??  I wonder... has anyone's lo ever rejected them?

My little guy has been eating less these past few days but will not turn down Cheerios if I offer them to him.  I try to keep the amount he eats every day to a minimum but I've noticed that, if he doesn't want to eat, I can give him 2-3 Cheerios at a time and he will drink gulps of milk afterwards, so he at least gets extra milk.

Anyway, just wondering what it is about that cereal.  Maybe he can taste the sugar in it.   :-\   ???
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: What is it about Cheerios??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 16:40:44 pm »
i give my lo the cheerios that don't have sugar and she loves them too!  i think maybe they feel 'big' being able to feed themselves or actually 'chew' on something that doesn't turn immediately or isn't mush to begin with.  it's something new for them and i am sure they relish in those opportunities!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline mistilouwho

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: What is it about Cheerios??
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 21:07:51 pm »
I'm not sure what makes Cheerios so fabulous.  I was sick my whole pregnancy and I too went through a Cheerios phase.  So, little and big kids alike enjoy them!!  ;D

Misti
Misti

Mommy to Luke Anthony
August 21, 2005