Author Topic: Stopping dream feed gone wrong...  (Read 1048 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Stopping dream feed gone wrong...
« on: February 17, 2006, 20:15:15 pm »
Hi!  My lo is almost 6.5 months and we've started the gradual weaning of the df.  He is bf and only gets a bottle for his df.  Everything seemed ok, except when we got to 5 and 4 oz at 9 and 8:30 pm ... he wakes up often form 1 am on, has a hard time setling and after many atempts to get him to stay asleep (he dozzes off at most 30 min - then wakes up crying again).... I end up bf around 3:30 or 4 am (he eats for a good 5-6 min at full force and then slows down for another 3-5 min); then he stays asleep until 7am (normal wake up time).  He is on solids 3 times a day and bf 4 times a day.  I don't knoe how many oz he gets with bf, and I've tried to keep him on the boob to eat enough..but he stops, I guess when he's full?  Any suggestions?  Should I go back to the df and give him more oz- since he is still hungry?  How can I get enough calories in him during the day, so I can stop teh df?  Thanks   ???
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Stopping dream feed gone wrong...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 21:21:29 pm »
when i did the df with my lo i had night wakings.  i didn't put two and two together til one night i decided i wanted to see what would happen if i didn't in fact give her the df and she didn't wake as much.  i'm sure it was partly waking out of habit but she did still need to eat for the first while as she was used to eating throughout the night (i THOUGHT she needed it...) and as i slowly weaned her off night feeds she started getting her extra calories in during the day without me even trying.  jfor bf just cut the time u feed by a minute or two every couple days.  now lo sleep from 8pm til around 6am sometimes even til 7:30...but almost always goes back to sleep til around 8 if i give her half a feeding (don't know if i should be doing this or not but i feel she has come leaps and bounds in just a few weeks...i guess i'm just givng her a break  ;)  )  - 10 hrs is a long night without food when she has been fed every four hrs pretty much for a very long time.  good luck
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005