Author Topic: Stopped dream feed - gone wrong?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Stopped dream feed - gone wrong?
« on: February 17, 2006, 20:18:23 pm »
Hi!  My lo is almost 6.5 months and we've started the gradual weaning of the df.  He is bf and only gets a bottle for his df.  Everything seemed ok, except when we got to 5 and 4 oz at 9 and 8:30 pm ... he wakes up often form 1 am on, has a hard time setling and after many atempts to get him to stay asleep (he dozzes off at most 30 min - then wakes up crying again).... I end up bf around 3:30 or 4 am (he eats for a good 5-6 min at full force and then slows down for another 3-5 min); then he stays asleep until 7am (normal wake up time).  He is on solids 3 times a day and bf 4 times a day.  I don't knoe how many oz he gets with bf, and I've tried to keep him on the boob to eat enough..but he stops, I guess when he's full?  Any suggestions?  Should I go back to the df and give him more oz- since he is still hungry?  How can I get enough calories in him during the day, so I can stop the df?  Thanks   
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Stopped dream feed - gone wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 23:50:19 pm »
I've never done the df, but most people I know & those on my birth club thread didn't drop it unil around 8months & as they have a REALLY big growth spurt at 6months, can go on for 2-3 weeks in some babies esp bf ones, I'd suggest now isn't a good time to drop it.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05