Author Topic: My baby does ESAY rather than EASY - help!  (Read 1300 times)

Offline jemma1973

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My baby does ESAY rather than EASY - help!
« on: February 17, 2006, 20:58:58 pm »
Hi all,

I'm new to the board so bear with me! I follwed EASY with my first two sons and it worked successfully with both. Son number three however, hasn't taken to it quite so well. he's still only very little (17 days) and although he's got himself into a pretty good routine already, I'm struggling with getting him to stay awake after a feed. He falls asleep after every feed, sleeps for a while and when he wakes up, his 'activity' time is spent crying as he is hungry for his next feed. he's then tired from the crying and so then falls asleep after his feed and they cycle continues!

Any ideas?? Would really appreciate any help/suggestions.
Many thanks,
Jemma

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: My baby does ESAY rather than EASY - help!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 22:17:15 pm »
Couple of questions:
1. How often is he fed?
2. Do you feel he is taking full feeds?
3. How much sleep is he getting day/night?
4. Can you post a typical day?

Congrats on your new child. 
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline jemma1973

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 08:52:42 am »
Thanks for your reply. He's going 2-3 hourly between feeds during the day and is taking between 60-90mls. Because he falls asleep on his feeds, i think that he could take more really and so I wouldn't say that he's taking full feeds. He goes to bed at 8pm, has a feed at 11 (have to wake him for this) and he then feeds 2 hourly during the night. The bight feeds are driving me mad, as neither of my other boys fed more than twice during the night!

Jemma

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 19:49:36 pm »
Hi again  :)

It sounds as if he maybe has his day/nights mixed up.  I would then wake him every 2 hrs during the day and do what you can to (within reason of course, and I know how hard this is) to get a full feed in.  Also emphasize the day with letting the sun in, radio on etc.  But keep everything very low key at night.  It'll be tough I'm guessing for a few weeks, but this should eventually help turn things around.
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom