Author Topic: Broken sleep throughout the night!!!  (Read 1296 times)

Offline leni

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 17, 2006, 22:51:17 pm »
Louis will be 2yrs old next month. He has been sleeping in his own bed for 3weeks now! The first week was easier than we thought he even slept up to 8hrs uninterrupted! However since that night when we thought we'd cracked it he has been regularly waking in the night. He loves his new bed as he sleeps there every afternoon very restfully to the point that I have a hard time waking him (should I be waking him room his nap or letting him wake when he's ready??) and it only takes 10-20mins for him to fall asleep. At night is a very different matter taking up to 1.5 hours to fall asleep even though he's shattered. He sleeps to 12.30am -1.30am and wakes for his milk. He can have up to 6ozs by 3am but after that he doesn’t want milk when he wakes so it can't be hunger. I don't know if he's lonely, having nightmares or if its something else altogether. Has anyone got any ideas as we are all suffering???

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Broken sleep throughout the night!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 11:04:38 am »
Hello,

What does his day looke like?  When does he nap and for how long?  What time does he go to bed and what does his bedtime routine look like?  Does he always have milk in the night, and how many times through the night?
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline leni

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 15:26:58 pm »
He wakes up between 7.30am and 8am. Has good breakfast and finished by 8.45am. Monday/Wednesday/Friday he goes to nursery 9-1pm. Given lunch at nursery at 12.00 but doesnt always eat it so will have something as soon as he gets home. Take him to bed by 1.30pm and he's ready for a nap then. Most of the time falls asleep very quickly but the latest is normally just after 2pm. always try to wake him between 3pm and 3.30pm but he's sleeps very well in the afternoon and its v difficult to wake him. (I left him one day to wake in his own time just to see how long he would actually sleep for given the opportunity and he didnt wake till 5.15pm!) Has dinner by 6pm. go up for bath by 7.30pm latest and stays upstairs for rest of evening. Bath then bed with 8/9ozs milk. The earliest he falls asleep is 8.30pm and the latest 10.30pm. Wakes 12.30/1.30am for 3ozs milk and again about 1hour later for same again. After that wakes often throughout the night - no pattern though and doesnt want milk just doesnt want me to leave the room. He's a very active little boy so inbetween sleeps and feeds he's always playing with toys/reading books/running around or out walking/shopping etc. He's known for his energy to the point that when we're out walking he likes to push his own pram! So he's definately getting enough exercise. we are first time parents so we're open to advice, tips or simple suggestions?

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Broken sleep throughout the night!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 17:44:38 pm »
How does he fall asleep at the beginning of the night?
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com