Author Topic: HELP LEAKING NAPPIES. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS!!!!!  (Read 6465 times)

Offline Mum of girl, boy, boy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
  • From UK living in Western Australia
HELP LEAKING NAPPIES. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS!!!!!
« on: February 17, 2006, 23:19:33 pm »
Hi there. Has anyone had problems with leaking nappies at night. DS, 10 weeks old gets woken up because he's wet. Last night he did two poos so I still need to keep him in newborn style nappies rather than Pampers baby dry. I point his willy down. I have tried different size nappies and different types but he still wees so much they leak up his back. I end up having to change his sleepsuit and the blankets he is swaddled in. One night I tried 3 different nappies and he leak 3 times. Any suggestions!!!!!
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309959.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309974.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309963.png[/img]

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
Re: HELP LEAKING NAPPIES. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 23:50:42 pm »
i never had this problem but i read that is you have this problem you might try two nappies at a time, use a knitting needle and put numerous holes in the one closest to skin and the second over the top, if you try this post back and tell us if it works

Offline Nicola_G

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 23:52:40 pm »
Julie W,

I think this is a common problem, if you look around you will find many threads on this!

I too struggle with this (is it a boy thing?!) and have found that the leaking is worse if he sleeps on his side. Now that my lo is older (6.5 mths) and no longer swaddled, he prefers to nap on his side and fall asleep on his side at bedtime. I generally leave him for his naps (not long enough for a leak problem) but at night once he's asleep I will gently roll him onto his back.

As for how to prevent the leakage, here's what I have found works best (bearing in mind that my lo sleeps through the night):

1. Slkather on the nappy cream
2. Insert a nappy doubler into his bedtime nappy (like a big sanitary napkin, in fact these would do just as well). Be careful you don't place it so the top of the doubler is at the top of the nappy - I have found this just wicks the wee right up into his clothing.
3. Put on another nappy (next size up) over the top of the first nappy
4. Put plastic pants on (I use the type which are shaped and have velcro fastenings at the front, not the pull up kind)

HTH!
Nicola
Mum to Tyson Luke, born August 1, 2005
In the Australian bush

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:20:02 am »
if dd starts leaking out of her diapers i will usually just use the next size up diaper at night.  usually does the trick for us.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 16:00:29 pm »
Hi,
My ds had this problem as well, when he was younger the diapers just wouldn't fit him right so it came right out of the legs and in the back.  He'd be sitting on our lap and it would be like he had no diaper on and just pee'd all over us  :P
Also I found if I used vaseline or a lot of diaper cream it would leak as well.
I keep going sizes up for night time cause the bigger the size the higher absorbinsy level.
I know if you use pampers and you contact them they have lots of tips and will send you a coupon for a free pack of diapers as well. :)
hth
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 17:57:50 pm »
My DS also had this problem, and it seemed that no matter where I pointed his parts, or whatever brand of diaper I bought, it happened.  The thing that helped us was using Diaper Doublers.  What part of the world are you in?
Sheila
ng

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 19:44:50 pm »
Hi,
I always found that if my Tatiana's diapers leaked I went up to the next size.  I found that the pounds on the package don't really match with baby.  If the sides don't come up around his legs enough try the nex size up.

Offline teezee

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 04:17:04 am »
hmmm interesting about pampers...i use those...i may have to contact pampers now. thanks!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 11:32:22 am »
Hi no sure which part of the world you are in but huggies have bought out a brand new napp called the supreme which is fitted at the top as well as being super absorbent, last night was the first time that Ella was dry and the nappy was absoluely bulging with pee..no leaks!! Lisa

Offline DJs mummy

• Showing Appreciation 49
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 19:22:16 pm »
We found ds started leaking every night a couple of months back.  We were using Pampers Baby dry.  He sleeps on his left side and it was always his left side that leaked.  We switched to using Pampers Active Fit at night and he's not leaked once since!  They are that little bit more expensive but we only put them on him at night and they definitely work so we'll keep buying them I think :)

Offline Mum of girl, boy, boy

• Showing Appreciation 26
  • From UK living in Western Australia
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 19:59:03 pm »
Wow. I didn't quite expect sooooooooooo many replies. Thanks everyone for your input. I had already tried the bigger sizes in both Pampers Newborn and Baby Dry. The problem seems to have eased at the moment but I am not exactly sure why except I have started putting nappy cream on again. I was told with baby number 1 not to use cream because it stops the nappies from doing there job but it seems if I put the cream on they don't leak.The huggies type which are elasticated at the top as well as the legs sound good. We are in the UK so don't know if I can get them here but I will have a look.  Any how. Thanks again for all tips.  :) Oh and will definately call pampers.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309959.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309974.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309963.png[/img]

Offline teezee

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 20:32:46 pm »
i find with dd pampers baby suck!...i love pampers swaddlers though and will definately use pampers cruisers too!  huggies are good for our lo if they are the next size up from what she actually uses so that they don't leak.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 04:03:06 am »
I used the pampers crusier(just started last week) and they are great, especially with him moving around much more they seem to stay right in place, baby dry and huggies always seemed to move around.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 08:14:58 am »
Hi im in the UK so  the huggies supremes are available, they really are excellent. we had another dry night last night with no early wet morning and the nappy was so full of pee! i cant say enough about these i really must get a life!!

Offline Carter'sMama

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • Windsor, Canada
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 13:20:46 pm »
I have the exact same problem!!!  DS is 10.5 half months old and leaks through almost EVERY night!!  We had tried lots of different diapers as well and the only ones that even kinda work are the Huggies Overnights (hard to find in Canada) and Pampers Baby Dry.  I did buy the plastic pants but they didn't seem to help.  I am definitely going to try what Nicola suggested though.  Maybe that will help!  DS is a side sleeper as well.

It is such a pain to change DS in the middle of the night.  He hates being changed in the night and will cry and scream and is impossible to calm down so if I coudl avoid doing it that would be fantastic!!!!  :)
Cathy - Mama to:
Carter Luke - March 29, 2005
Mason Henry - April 7, 2007
Daphne Catherine Grace - May 30, 2010