Author Topic: HELP LEAKING NAPPIES. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS!!!!!  (Read 6511 times)

Offline Mum of girl, boy, boy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
  • From UK living in Western Australia
HELP LEAKING NAPPIES. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS!!!!!
« on: February 17, 2006, 23:19:33 pm »
Hi there. Has anyone had problems with leaking nappies at night. DS, 10 weeks old gets woken up because he's wet. Last night he did two poos so I still need to keep him in newborn style nappies rather than Pampers baby dry. I point his willy down. I have tried different size nappies and different types but he still wees so much they leak up his back. I end up having to change his sleepsuit and the blankets he is swaddled in. One night I tried 3 different nappies and he leak 3 times. Any suggestions!!!!!
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309959.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309974.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309963.png[/img]

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
Re: HELP LEAKING NAPPIES. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 23:50:42 pm »
i never had this problem but i read that is you have this problem you might try two nappies at a time, use a knitting needle and put numerous holes in the one closest to skin and the second over the top, if you try this post back and tell us if it works

Offline Nicola_G

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 23:52:40 pm »
Julie W,

I think this is a common problem, if you look around you will find many threads on this!

I too struggle with this (is it a boy thing?!) and have found that the leaking is worse if he sleeps on his side. Now that my lo is older (6.5 mths) and no longer swaddled, he prefers to nap on his side and fall asleep on his side at bedtime. I generally leave him for his naps (not long enough for a leak problem) but at night once he's asleep I will gently roll him onto his back.

As for how to prevent the leakage, here's what I have found works best (bearing in mind that my lo sleeps through the night):

1. Slkather on the nappy cream
2. Insert a nappy doubler into his bedtime nappy (like a big sanitary napkin, in fact these would do just as well). Be careful you don't place it so the top of the doubler is at the top of the nappy - I have found this just wicks the wee right up into his clothing.
3. Put on another nappy (next size up) over the top of the first nappy
4. Put plastic pants on (I use the type which are shaped and have velcro fastenings at the front, not the pull up kind)

HTH!
Nicola
Mum to Tyson Luke, born August 1, 2005
In the Australian bush

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:20:02 am »
if dd starts leaking out of her diapers i will usually just use the next size up diaper at night.  usually does the trick for us.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 16:00:29 pm »
Hi,
My ds had this problem as well, when he was younger the diapers just wouldn't fit him right so it came right out of the legs and in the back.  He'd be sitting on our lap and it would be like he had no diaper on and just pee'd all over us  :P
Also I found if I used vaseline or a lot of diaper cream it would leak as well.
I keep going sizes up for night time cause the bigger the size the higher absorbinsy level.
I know if you use pampers and you contact them they have lots of tips and will send you a coupon for a free pack of diapers as well. :)
hth
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 17:57:50 pm »
My DS also had this problem, and it seemed that no matter where I pointed his parts, or whatever brand of diaper I bought, it happened.  The thing that helped us was using Diaper Doublers.  What part of the world are you in?
Sheila
ng

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 19:44:50 pm »
Hi,
I always found that if my Tatiana's diapers leaked I went up to the next size.  I found that the pounds on the package don't really match with baby.  If the sides don't come up around his legs enough try the nex size up.

Offline teezee

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 04:17:04 am »
hmmm interesting about pampers...i use those...i may have to contact pampers now. thanks!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 11:32:22 am »
Hi no sure which part of the world you are in but huggies have bought out a brand new napp called the supreme which is fitted at the top as well as being super absorbent, last night was the first time that Ella was dry and the nappy was absoluely bulging with pee..no leaks!! Lisa

Offline DJs mummy

• Showing Appreciation 49
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 19:22:16 pm »
We found ds started leaking every night a couple of months back.  We were using Pampers Baby dry.  He sleeps on his left side and it was always his left side that leaked.  We switched to using Pampers Active Fit at night and he's not leaked once since!  They are that little bit more expensive but we only put them on him at night and they definitely work so we'll keep buying them I think :)

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 19:59:03 pm »
Wow. I didn't quite expect sooooooooooo many replies. Thanks everyone for your input. I had already tried the bigger sizes in both Pampers Newborn and Baby Dry. The problem seems to have eased at the moment but I am not exactly sure why except I have started putting nappy cream on again. I was told with baby number 1 not to use cream because it stops the nappies from doing there job but it seems if I put the cream on they don't leak.The huggies type which are elasticated at the top as well as the legs sound good. We are in the UK so don't know if I can get them here but I will have a look.  Any how. Thanks again for all tips.  :) Oh and will definately call pampers.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309959.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309974.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309963.png[/img]

Offline teezee

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 20:32:46 pm »
i find with dd pampers baby suck!...i love pampers swaddlers though and will definately use pampers cruisers too!  huggies are good for our lo if they are the next size up from what she actually uses so that they don't leak.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 04:03:06 am »
I used the pampers crusier(just started last week) and they are great, especially with him moving around much more they seem to stay right in place, baby dry and huggies always seemed to move around.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 08:14:58 am »
Hi im in the UK so  the huggies supremes are available, they really are excellent. we had another dry night last night with no early wet morning and the nappy was so full of pee! i cant say enough about these i really must get a life!!

Offline Carter'sMama

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • Windsor, Canada
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 13:20:46 pm »
I have the exact same problem!!!  DS is 10.5 half months old and leaks through almost EVERY night!!  We had tried lots of different diapers as well and the only ones that even kinda work are the Huggies Overnights (hard to find in Canada) and Pampers Baby Dry.  I did buy the plastic pants but they didn't seem to help.  I am definitely going to try what Nicola suggested though.  Maybe that will help!  DS is a side sleeper as well.

It is such a pain to change DS in the middle of the night.  He hates being changed in the night and will cry and scream and is impossible to calm down so if I coudl avoid doing it that would be fantastic!!!!  :)
Cathy - Mama to:
Carter Luke - March 29, 2005
Mason Henry - April 7, 2007
Daphne Catherine Grace - May 30, 2010

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 14:32:49 pm »
Leaks have been much better the last week but DS stopped feeding  because of a cold. Now we are feeding every 3 hours through the night (he didn't put on any weight for 10 days). I am hoping he is just catching up. I am sure the super big wet nappies will be back soon. In the mean time. I called pampers and they have sent me Ģ15 of vouchers and suggested he was perhaps in between sizes. Who knows!!!! Ģ15 is very much welcomed though.

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 16:12:08 pm »
Hi Julie hope you are getting on better with the nappy situation, once or twice my DS leaked through but it was when he was between size 2 & 3. I think it was pampers I was using then and I had to put the bigger one on him at night - seemed to do the trick.

I now avoid Pampers and much prefer Huggies superflex, he is on size 3 all the time now.
Lauren x

Offline Knackeredmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 19:08:51 pm »
Hi ladies & babies,

Am new here and just wanted to pass on a recommendation for cloth nappies; I'm amazed noone else has mentioned them in response to this post! Our dd (5 months) has been in lovely cloth nappies since birth and I NEVER have to change her at night, her botty is still bone dry by morning. She's never had nappy rash or a poo leak either and her nappies have saved us hundreds of pounds! The icing on the cake, of course, is that her nappies don't end up in landfill!

I would like to post some links in case anyone's interested but not sure if I'm allowed to post links for retailers websites?

Good luck with whatever you try!

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 22:37:07 pm »
hi there, not sure how to do that.

Had another go with some left over Pampers and had the same result. My husband managed to pick up the huggie superflex / super dry. Not very good if he does one of his massive poos but great for night time wees. Looks like we will be using pampers new born in the day and the huggies at night. The huggies don't feel quite as nice but if they do the job then hey I am not complaining. He has been sleeping better since the change of nappies.

Take care y'all. Thanks again.

Will try the cloth if all else fails. (Probably a very good suggestion)

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 21:47:51 pm »
Thanks girls for all the posts.

Just an update.

Huggies have been working well for us at night. Going to give baby dry another go in a few days because I want to try and use them up. Huggies are terrible for really dirty nappies so I tend to put him in Pampers newborn during the day as he has stopped pooping at night.

Just for info I tried Huggies on my daughter who is 21 months and they were terrible. Ok for wee but the poo gets out the sides where as the Pampers active fit I don't have any problems. I was hoping to save some money but never mind.

Thanks again.

J

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 21:51:39 pm »
Huggies are terrible for really dirty nappies so I tend to put him in Pampers newborn during the day as he has stopped pooping at night.

Just for info I tried Huggies on my daughter who is 21 months and they were terrible. Ok for wee but the poo gets out the sides where as the Pampers active fit I don't have any problems. I was hoping to save some money but never mind.
Julie

Is funny you mention this about huggies and poo, I have recently emailed them to complain that the majority of times DS does a poo, it gets all down his legs (sorry for graphic info) it happened again today - they seem to leak at the sides, the nappy wasn't even that full.
 >:( >:( >:(
Lauren x

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 22:00:09 pm »
That's interesting. I find the same even little ones leak but with the Pampers newborn it takes a lot for them to leak. It is just a shame they don't hold enough wee at night.

Let me know how you get on with emailing huggies. Would be good if they do free vouchers etc.

J

Offline woopster

• Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 08:08:54 am »
Hiya, DD and DS are 8 months old.  DD is in pampers at night, no problem with her leaking at all.
With DS I have tried pampers and tescos.  Last night I changed him twice.
I think though, I have found the problem - his winkle moves during the night!
I have noticed that when I change him, his winkle is always pointing up!!
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 09:49:58 am »
With my wee man, almost all nappies leak. The worst are pampers baby dry, pampers new baby size 1 and 2 and the non-labels. The best are pampers newborn size 3 (4-7kg), huggies superflex, fixies extra class and the best is pampers active fit.

We had a wet baby almost all the time when he was a newborn, only now that we use active fit at night he is fine...

Offline LŠuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 11:08:31 am »
huggies superflex are the ones I am having the problems with  :'( It happened again this morning! (never during the night always during the day)

What are fixies extra class??

Lauren x

Offline Shdef

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 11:22:30 am »
We get them in Germany, but they are a bit like huggies superflex. Have you tried active fit? And maybe try to buy a bigger size for him, we now moved up to size five, even if that isn't his weight yet, but they work great!

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 20:55:49 pm »
Using up Pampers Baby Dry Size 3 at the moment. Seem to be ok now.

Thanks again for all your posts

Offline Corinne C.

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Lauren 10/8/02 and Nathan 11/2/05
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 19:06:27 pm »
I used to have the same problem but I bought reuseable diaper liners (on-line) with a diaper one size up.  I found that I have to use 2 at a time in his diaper but this really stops leaks and I have never had to change his diaper in the middle of the night again!

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:16 am »
Oh what joy!!! The Pampers Baby dry started leaking again. I've gone back to Huggies for night time although the size 3 are looking a bit small around this little boys bloated belly!!!!

I emailed huggies to say my daughter kept pooing out the side of the size 5's (nice!!!) and they are sending some vouchers.

Best Wishes

J

Offline Shdef

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 09:47:31 am »
Try and go for pampers active fit, they are MUCH better...

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 10:02:05 am »
Do you use those at night? Do they hold enough wee?b

Regards

J

Offline Shdef

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2006, 10:58:24 am »
They do, aye. I use them for the night and DS drinks and pees and poos a lot. He does all his pooing at night and they still work fine... Baby dry were the worst for us, Huggies were okay but not too good...

Offline jsorrow24

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • My beautiful children Jacob and Lanie
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 15:30:07 pm »
I have started using Huggies brand also...works so much better than the LUVS brand especially in boys. The LUVS worked well with my dd when she was a baby. But they leaked on my ds...so we switched to Pampers and Huggies and the both work well. I used a size up on the Huggies, a bigger diaper so it would hold more and we have not had any leaks since he was 3 weeks old. He is now 3 months old.

Good luck.

Jennifer

Offline BB_999

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 14:17:10 pm »
huggies superflex are the ones I am having the problems with  :'( It happened again this morning! (never during the night always during the day)

What are fixies extra class??

Hi,
we find that huggies superflex in a larger size at night are great for all the wee... but not great during the day. Also soft poo just comes straight out of the back, sides, top and everywhere. We find that Huggies Supreme (that have three frills around the legs) are best for daytime. Pampers Newborn just didn't absorb the soft poo for us. To be honest none of them absorb it, you just have to go for for the damage limitation approach and plug all of the leaks!

x