Author Topic: Am I on the right track with my 3 month old?  (Read 891 times)

Offline Claudiac

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Am I on the right track with my 3 month old?
« on: February 18, 2006, 02:22:28 am »
Hi Everyone,

I was having major gas problems and thanks to everyone's advice, the problems have decreased significantly. However I'd like to know if I'm on the right track to getting my little boy to sleep through the night. I'm not sure about whether to dreamfeed or not...Here's how our day has been so far:

He woke up at 8:30a.m.
E 10:30a.m.
A play in crib
S 12:15-1:40

E 3p.m.
A went for a long walk
S 4:15-6

E 7p.m.
A bath time
S 8:15-9*
*woke with gas pains, I burped him and pumped his legs and he fell back asleep

Do I now dreamfeed at 11p.m.? Thanks for any help.

Claudia

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: Am I on the right track with my 3 month old?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 23:27:20 pm »
Hi Claudia

From what you have posted it appears that Andrew is feeding about every 4 hours - at 3 and a half months most babies are feeding 3 hourly, moving to 4 hourly at about 4 months.  Also, Andrew appears to be awake for quite long stretches given his age. 

I think in order for nights to get sorted out you first need to have a look at your daytime routine and make sure that Andrew is getting enough sleep and food during the day to start giving him some longer stretches at night.  I would recommend that you have a look at the EASY board - you will find sample routines for age groups on that board and you will have an idea how long your DS should be able to be awake and how often he should be drinking during the day.  If you are thinking about offering a dreamfeed you could definitely start at this age - by looking at the daytime routine you will be able to be sure that DS is hungry enough to want one.

HTH and good luck
Jo