Author Topic: unsettled 8 month old  (Read 1739 times)

Offline aussie_mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
unsettled 8 month old
« on: February 19, 2006, 03:59:33 am »
My 8 month old doesn't see to be able to sleep any longer than 3 hours at night, and will wake only 45mins after being put down for bed. This pattern started when she was about 4 and 1/2 months old. I'm unsure how to tackle this problem. I have been using the pram for the last week and 1/2 to put her to sleep then when she stirs i just rock the pram to get her back to sleep i do this till i go to bed then give her a dream feed at about 10-10.30. Our  day routine is pretty consistant, she has two sleeps during the day one in the morning for about 45-1 hour then in the afternoon for about an hour to hour and a half. our evening routine consists of bottle at 5-5.30 solids at 6pm bath at 6.45-7.00  bed 7.30... I'm just wondering if she needs more wind down time? Or more play time during the day? She also seems to have some separation anxiety issues at times? my 8 month old has been referred to as a "spirited Baby" she is very strong willed and determind, she is not one to just sit still while you read to her? any suggestions
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:02:45 am by aussie_mum »

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: unsettled 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 23:51:51 pm »
Hi

It could be that the pram is the problem - if your DD is used to the pram movement getting her to sleep - and then it stops when you stop rocking it at night she is wondering where the lovely peaceful rocking has gone.

It sounds like you need to work on getting your DD to fall asleep independently at the beginning of the night - so she knows where she is when she moves through the transitions during the night.  It will probably take some time to change what your DD is used to - I would recommend you have a look at the Props board about eliminating props to help fall asleep.

HTH and good luck