Author Topic: early wakings for DF & middle of the night wakings  (Read 1227 times)

Offline molfox

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
early wakings for DF & middle of the night wakings
« on: February 19, 2006, 19:46:24 pm »
Help, I am a confused first time mom/first time question! My son is 4 1/2 months old, we have been successfully using 4/4 and dream feeding for about a month and my son has also been "sleeping through the night", with the help of a routine since about 3 months old...we have followed the EASY plan since about 6/8 weeks. Recently he has been having middle of the night wakings at random times 2:45, 3:45...etc., along with waking up early (10:00, 9:30) for his df before I get to him @ 10:30 and it hasn't even been 4 hours since his last feeding...it's as if he is anticipating the feeding. These middle of the night wakings don't seem to be growth spurt related because they are every 2 weeks and as of lately the past 3 nights in a row! Any advice?
Thanks,
Mother of Andrew
Molly M. Gryskiewicz

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: early wakings for DF & middle of the night wakings
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 22:59:46 pm »
when he wakes are you able to settle him without feeding him? is he crying and fussy? or just awake??
Kimberly

Offline merehart

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: early wakings for DF & middle of the night wakings
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 03:52:08 am »
I don't have an answer but am checking in bcs my DD (5mos) does the same.  Some nights she sleeps beautifully, others she is up early for the dream feed.  A couple of times a week she will also wake sporadically through the night, but we don't feed her, just help her resettle.  And we are on the 4hr schedule as well.  So, at least maybe I can offer you some company in this situation.  Looking forward to seeing the responses you get. 

Meredith
DD #1   Lila 6-1-03
DD #2   Dulcie 9-10-05