Author Topic: grinding teeth  (Read 1044 times)

Offline meliss

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 20, 2006, 00:31:18 am »
I'm posting this here, since I'm thinking if your lo is eating solid food, they must have teeth  :)

I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with their little one grinding their teeth?

my ds started a few months ago...and i was able to stop him by always putting something else in his mouth bite down on. But he got another tooth this week (his 8th...and he'll be 9mo next week), and is doing it all the time.  especially when going to sleep.

It sounds horrible :-\ and I'm worried he'll chip a tooth....

any suggestions?

Thanks
Meliss

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: grinding teeth
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 01:36:53 am »
As far as I know, it's a sensory thing at this age.  I agree that it sounds awful.  It takes a lot of grinding to do damage though.  I'm talking hours a day for a few years.    ;D
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 19:58:18 pm »
SNAP! DS started doing this last week and I was going to post to see if anyone had suggestions of how to make him stop. Far from being worried about him chipping his teeth I just cant stand the sound, for some bizarre reason it makes me need to wee  :-\  I have to block my ears and leave the room when he does it else I get the ebbie jeebies. Just holding on to traceys saying that every behaviour is only a stage when they are this age  :)
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 13:05:51 pm »
My DD is always grinding her jaws, she has two teeth so far, but she is teething really bad, I put it down to her trying to relieve the pressure.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline meliss

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 14:47:50 pm »
yes, my son is working on tooth #8...he's drooling all the time....so maybe once it comes in he'll stop grinding his teeth!
I'm hopefull :)