Author Topic: Bathtime woes throwing off bedtime routine  (Read 1104 times)

Offline wilksterette

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • CHEEEEEEESE!!!!!
Bathtime woes throwing off bedtime routine
« on: February 20, 2006, 01:57:46 am »
I'm not really sure where to post this...

DD is 11.5 months old. She has loved her bathtime since she was a newborn. We give her a bath, right around 730 and put her to bed about 8. All of the sudden she has just started screaming bloody murder as soon as we put her in the tub. The water is not too hot, and I've even tried getting in with her to see if that would work, but nope she still just acts like something is hurting or scaring her. Has anyone else had this problem?? This did not start until a couple of days after my husband and I returned from a weekend long trip away. She is teething (but I don't know what the bath has to do with that). She is also down to one nap a day, but again, I don't know how that could be related. Someone please help!!!
Corrine
Corrine
Wife to Gary 01/07/05
Mom to Natalie 03/02/05
Mom to "Taylor" EDD 11/04/07

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: Bathtime woes throwing off bedtime routine
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 02:03:33 am »
we have never had this problem, if it is throwing off bedtime routine why not only bath her every second day and then at a different time in the day, once she enjoys her baths again you can always revert back to the old routine, all the best and hope things improve quickly

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 03:08:54 am »
Never had this problem either---of course, when he was a newborn, I decided since I was hot, he was too, and put him in ice cold water. He let me know he wasn't thrilled. ::)
So, you mentioned that this has been happening since you returned from your trip....was everything Ok when your lo had the bath while you were away? Maybe the water was too hot one time or something....Not that Im accusing, just giving an idea to look @.
Hope it works out. Also, maybe try bathing with your LO....not everyone likes this, I realize..but my LO (9 months) LOVES to shower with his Dad. Good luck!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 03:31:22 am »
This has happen a couple times with us.
1st-Lo bumped his head in tub and wanted out right away, I took him out, and once he was calm put him back in, he wasn't having it but forgot next day.
2nd-When i introduced a bathring, he did not like, but as soon as I jumped in with him he was fine.

I agree with sjeb, shower could be away to start it back out and then eventually try bath again.
I don't think I would keep putting lo in tub incase he is scared of something, try shower or spung baths for awhile, and then try tub again.
Hope everything works out :)
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline wilksterette

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • CHEEEEEEESE!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 03:18:31 am »
Thanks for the input guys. We tried putting her in her baby tub in the big tub. I just tried to keep her busy with toys and kept the water a bit more shallow than usual. She was upset at first, but calmed down and played for a while. After a few minutes we tooks her out of the baby tub and just set her in the big tub; she was still fine. She started fussing a couple minutes later though and wanted out. We took her our immediately and she was fine. I think I may have narrowed it down...I completely forgot that several nights ago (cannot pin point when in relation to when this started) the shower curtain rod fell. It didn't hit DD, but it did hit me and may have startled her (she acted fine at the time, but who knows?). It's at least getting better. Trying her in the shower is a good idea. I actually used to take her in the shower occasionally and she really liked to play in the water. Thanks  again.
Corrine
Corrine
Wife to Gary 01/07/05
Mom to Natalie 03/02/05
Mom to "Taylor" EDD 11/04/07