Author Topic: When to walk on E.A.S.Y.?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
When to walk on E.A.S.Y.?
« on: February 21, 2006, 17:34:36 pm »
Just starting out with E.A.S.Y. and having lots of issues (sleep stuff posted elsewhere) - here is my question....I want to walk with my son every day, or even do errands on a not scheduled basis.  Do I put him in his stroller during activiity time and them let him nap when he falls asleep?  If I don't, then I will be stuck in the house as of right now, at 7 weeks, he is only active for about 45 minutes at a time.  Any suggestions?
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: When to walk on E.A.S.Y.?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 21:08:30 pm »
Hi.  I just responded to a similar post about getting out with baby and naps.  Just click on the link to view.
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=53516.0

Having to get out and do things, or needing to for your sanity  ;), are going to be a normal part of your life with baby.  Babies can adjust, but just make sure he's getting enough time at home to have a proper sleep in his bed.  Does that help?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: When to walk on E.A.S.Y.?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 23:46:46 pm »
also, once your lo is sleeping regularly, putting themselves to sleep (no props or feeding to sleep) then i personally never see the problem with an occassional nap in the stroller - even a regular one (ie the catnap every day in the stroller) can be beneficial in the sense of keeping that option open for when you need them to sleep out of the house on occassion.  what i did with dd1 was occassionally i would time things so that i was actually going for a walk and errands during her nap time so i knew she woudl just get some sleep and i could get things done and then when she woke i fed her out of the house etc.

this came in handy when at one stage our old apartment building had tp get all new fire doors installed on each apartment and when they got closer to our floor the noise was such that there was no way she woudl have napped at home and i HAD to take her out to sleep in  the stroller for a few days. DD1 rarely ever took a nap in the portacot/pack n play but when we were depserate we could manage a stroller nap.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified