Author Topic: 10.5 month old still being fed at night!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline hana1978

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
10.5 month old still being fed at night!
« on: February 20, 2006, 14:47:57 pm »
My DS whose 10.5 months now has never slept through the night and has always fed in the night.  I assumed as he got older it would decrease or the length of time would be longer.  It was every 3-4 hours when little, now its around 11pm and 3am - at one point it was only once at 4am and i thought we were on the road to finally ditching the night feeding but its got worse.  I have never fed him to sleep for naps or bedtime, he goes down without a fuss and puts himself to sleep most of the time - its just nighttime!!  He will take a 5oz bottle both times so im confused and anxious about doing anything to stop this as maybe he is hungry still???  I feel he shouldnt be as he has breakfast, lunch and dinner ( although he takes no milk and only a coupld of fingers of toast in the morning due to his 10oz in the night   )
I admit i havnt tried diluting his night feeds, i have tried water but he goes beserk if i offer him that.  Does anyone else still feed in the night at this age?  He will be 1 in just 7 weeks - surely it has to stop?
Any advice welcome.
Thanks x
Hana.xx

Offline hana1978

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 10.5 month old still being fed at night!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 17:16:11 pm »
Hi thanks for your reply.!
Im not sure how to get more into him in the day - hes not a big eater and doesnt take a great deal of milk in the day either. 

Day goes something like this.
6.00am wake up
7.00am toast fingers, 1oz of milk (if that)
8.30am nap for one hour
11.00am chicken, mouthful of juice, yoghurt & fruit
12.00pm nap for one hour
2.30pm 5-6oz of milk, slice of cheese on toast or cubes of cheese
6.30pm 5-6oz of milk, veg & potato, yoghurt & fruit

So he has roughly 11-13oz of milk in the day when it should be 20oz - i guess hes making up for that in the night!  Theres no way i can get anything more into him without reducing his milk which i dont want to do.  But im really concerned about knocking this night feeding on the head so he eats better during the day.
Hana.xx

Offline hana1978

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 10.5 month old still being fed at night!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 08:43:55 am »
Hiya thanks again for taking the time to reply.!
I gave him a dream feed at 10pm last night and he went round to 2.30am - i offered him diluted milk with 6oz water and 4oz milk - he took most of it but woke again at 5.30am for the day which was a complete bummer as i have work today too!  Anyway i fed him at 7am and he took about 5oz which is a great improvement!  Ill gradually dilute his milk more and more and see how it goes.  I think your right 12 hours is too long for him to go without anything so ill continue to df (he wakes around 10-11pm anyway looking for milk) and give him watered down milk after that.!
Thanks - no doubt youve heard the last of this  :)
Hana.xx