Author Topic: Burping for night feeds?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline jsorrow24

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • My beautiful children Jacob and Lanie
« on: February 20, 2006, 18:03:04 pm »
I was just wondering. Do you burp the baby for the 2am feed the same way you would for a "day" feed. Like do you give 2 ounces burp and then let finish the bottle. Or let them drink until they seem to be falling asleep so that they are not aroused by the break in feeding to burp. I usually just let my ds drink and then sit him upright for a little bit to see if he will burp on his on. Sometimes he does. Or I will put him on my chest and gently pat him so that he will fade to sleep and make it easier to put him back down.

Any thoughts on this??

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
Re: Burping for night feeds?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 18:21:18 pm »
I was under the impression that you shouldn't have to burp for night feeds since they are so much more relaxed and not gulping nearly as much air.  I would think once you put him upright, if he had a burp it would come out since he is so relaxed at that point.
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Offline Claudiac

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 18:38:57 pm »
I wasn't burping and it caused a lot of gas problems. So last night I let him drink the entire bottle, waited a few moments, then sat him up with his arms elevated. He burped, I gently laid him back down and he fell asleep.