Author Topic: HELP,taking baby out for lunch?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline minmin

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP,taking baby out for lunch?
« on: February 21, 2006, 06:11:52 am »
Well ,those days I been quite upset about taking my baby out for lunch thing..Coz we are in china now ,and chinese people always visit others in lunch or dinner time ,which is my baby sleeping time. People just keep playing with him ,so he's very sleepy but he can't sleep at all. And when he back home ,he's keep crying wanna go to sleep but he just don't know how...

Then I suggest maybe I can take him when he is not sleepy ,but my m-i-l Said its not nessery to follow baby's sleeping time ,ask baby to follow us.

any mama can help me for that?? thanx..

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: HELP,taking baby out for lunch?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:20:27 am »
That must be VERY frustrating for you!

in the uk people do tend to leave sleeping babies to sleep but my son is a light sleeper so if we went out to lunch i tried whenever possible to walk (even if it was part of the way) and then i would have the buggy to let my son sleep in.  the walking usually put him to sleep and then i would put my coat over the buggy so that he couldn't see out so he settled back to sleep if he woke up and people couldn't see him.  i did it to help him sleep but it also meant that people didn't come to look at him!  could you try something like that?

good luck!

Offline minmin

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 14:42:54 pm »

thanx for your reply
en,but how can you ask people that not look at your baby? For me ,it's very hard to ask them to do that..

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 21:07:27 pm »
if i have already covered the opening to the stroller with a coat or blanket then they have to ask to see him.  i never said no, but i made it obvious that i was worried about him staying asleep, looked a bit nervous, lifted just a small bit of the blanket and could have positioned myself a bit in the way as well.  here that was enough to make people look very quietly and respect that i wanted him alseep

it gave me some time to set the scene.  that might not help still if everyone thinks that babies should just get on with blending in with everyone else!  i remember once my MIL was so excited to see my son that she woke him despite me saying that i was REALLY pleased he had just settled for a much needed rest!  i was so upset! 

do you think if you told people that your little one hadn't slept in some time that they might support you to help him stay asleep?

Offline minmin

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 14:20:09 pm »
en,I just afried my MIL won't support me for that...anyone but my MIL.... :'(

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 20:17:26 pm »
hi, what is your DS routine?

may be you can switch his routine a little while you are there in china.
e.g. wake him up earlier to start his day so his morning nap start earlier ..etc.

mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby