Author Topic: little one maybe needing more than just milk but dont know where to start??  (Read 923 times)

Offline sprigglet22

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my beautiful daughter Layla Rose
???
my little one is nearly 5 months and she was born 5 weeks premature, I'm finding that she may need more than just milk to satisfy her in the evening she becomes restless, my health visitor is useless and isn't giving me any help and I'm just so confused. a friend of mine said to try baby rice mixed with her milk and to try rusks during the day. if i do this would i be doing the right thing or would i just be pushing her too much. any help would be great.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 18:15:09 pm by sprigglet22 »
Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Have you tried her on hungrier milk?

I didn't start my DD on solids until she was 51/2 months old and she was 3 weeks premature.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Hiya
This is just a suggestion and I find it works for me to get more oz's into him at night.

I give Calum  his last feed at 7pm, he takes as much of his bottle as he can usually 5 - 7oz then he goes for his bath and then he get the last part of his bottle, usually another 5oz (yes I need to top up the bottle).  I also put a scoop of baby rice into his bottle, he seems to like the slightly thicker texture.

lauren x

P.S he is on Aptimel 2  - for hungrier babies (from birth - 6months)
Lauren x

Offline sprigglet22

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my beautiful daughter Layla Rose
thanks for the advice but ive cracked it i think nearly, i tried her on baby cereal this morning and she loved it and she had a rusk at lunchtime god the mess was great and i took photos of her eatin it she scoffed the lot!! xx 8)
Lilypie Baby Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80