Author Topic: Sudden early morning wakings with grunting  (Read 841 times)

Offline Mia and Lily's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Princess Mia & Tornado Lily
Sudden early morning wakings with grunting
« on: February 21, 2006, 18:27:54 pm »
Hi Everybody,

DD#2 has been a decent sleeper pretty much since birth.  Since introducing solids, we have had some issues with constipation but I thought we had gotten through this.  Here is what has been happening for about 4 nights now.  Usually between 5:30 am and 6:00 am.

DD will start getting very restless and her little legs go straight up and her belly gets really hard.  I can go in and settle her back down but she keeps doing it and unless I keep my hand on her and sush/patt through it, she will totally wake up.  Even if I pick her up and bring he to bed with us, she will still keep stirring and I have to pat her butt and she will fall back asleep. 

We have not recently introduced any new solids, but it seems like something is upsetting her tummy.  I just don't know why it happens at that time in the morning.  She does still wake up once a night for a feeding around 2:00 am but goes right back to sleep no problem until 5:30 am when this phase begins.

Help, I am going to be out of town Thursday night and dh will have to take care of her, and he is going to die if she makes him get up more than once   ::)

Anybody have a similar experience and figured out what causes this and how to fix it.

Thanks