Author Topic: want to start EASY with 16 week old  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: February 21, 2006, 20:25:35 pm »
hi

i did attempt easy nearly a month ago to try to get dd to sleep earlier and with ease - she sleeps at 10-11pm with a scream and real struggle, so i did tried to wake her up early rather than let her have lie ins to make up her sleep time.  Anyway it made no difference so i gave up.  i continued with EAS but to no structured time.

Now i've decided i want to do EASY properly, try not to give up but i just don't know how to implement it esp as madam will not sleep easily at night although i try to read her tired cues.

I breastfeed and she feeds maximum 15 mins each feed.

For day naps i take her to bed as soon as i see yaywing/irritation, but that can be only an hour after waking up and then she only snoozes for the dreaded 45 mins

according to the quiz my darling is a textbook, but i can't believe that as getting her to sleep (we do the same routine same time everynight) doesn't work.

Thanks for your patience

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: want to start EASY with 16 week old
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 21:04:15 pm »
Hi, there.  Let's ask a few questions, then we'll offer some advice.  How old is your dd?  How many times a day does she bf?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 21:24:54 pm »
hiya

she is 15 weeks and 3 days old.

Today i've fed her 5am, 9am, 12.30noon, 2.30pm, 5.30pm and hubby is now giving her 8oz expressed breast milk.
She used to do every 4 hours and then we stayed with family and with pressure of feeding her everytime she cried it's gone erratic, so am trying to establish a feeding pattern again, but difficult with no daily set pattern :(

am desperate for EASY to work as a) hope/PRAY that it makes her go to sleep earlier and easily at night b) i really need a break - i've not had any time out for myself in the 3 months that she has been born.

thanks

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 16:41:24 pm »
advice anyone?

can someone give me a sample routine startin 9am?

thanks

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: want to start EASY with 16 week old
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 21:44:27 pm »
If I were to pick a starting point to get on a more structured routine, it would be the morning wake up.  If 9 am is where you want to start, then you can expect a 9-10 pm bedtime.  However, I don't know that as your dd gets older she will continue to sleep in until 9 am.  Most babies, and just most not all, are wired to wake more around 7 am, give or take an hour.  It depends on what you and your family are more comfortable with.  Then, from wake up time, I would expect she would need her first nap 1.5-1.75 hrs later.  Hopefully, getting back to a 4 hr routine will help with the 45 min naps, as well as more consistent night time sleep and wake time.  Let me know if this helps.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 08:16:14 am »
Hi Heather

I'm happy to have her sleep 7.30-7.30, but when i originally tried to get her to wake her at 7.30am, she was shattered but still didn't sleep until 10pm so i gave in as i wanted to have "some" decent sleep.

I guess i could try again....