Author Topic: 7 week old...still okay to be feeding at 2 am and 5am???  (Read 1205 times)

Offline jsorrow24

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • My beautiful children Jacob and Lanie
7 week old...still okay to be feeding at 2 am and 5am???
« on: February 21, 2006, 22:49:47 pm »
Just wanted to see if it is still "normal" for my 7 week old to still be wanting the 2am feed. I am sure he is hungry...he usually drinks 3 of the 4 ounces I give him and at 5am he drank the whole bottle last night.

He is around 13 lbs or so.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 7 week old...still okay to be feeding at 2 am and 5am???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:31:32 am »
I'd say it is very normal, esp if he is drinking 3oz. My ds#2 was about 15lb at 2months & was still having 3 hourly feeds overnight
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline jsorrow24

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 03:40:58 am »
That's good to know...I wanted to make sure it wasn't out of habit. But I could tell he was hungry last night. He is even on cluster feeds and dreamfeed. I guess from the way Tracy talks in her book that those feeds should help him go to 5 or 6am. But I think until my LO is taking 5 ounces during the day at each feed he won't be sleeping that long...just not getting his "quota" of milk I think right now so he does wake up hungry.

Thanks for the response.

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 04:39:49 am »
I would say so.  My youngest gave up a feeding one night without notice; she just slept through.  It does happen.  :)

Offline Sydney

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 17:46:43 pm »
I agree.  It does just happen at times.  My dd was taking a night feed between 2 and 3 am until 8 weeks and then she just didn't wake one night!

Offline jsorrow24

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 17:53:23 pm »
Thanks all. I think we were approaching that this past week until he caught a blasted cold!!  :'(
No sleep last night. He had for 2 days in a row slept until 4 or 5 am...a lot longer than usual. But now, I don't know where we will be when he gets better. I am sleep deprived and he is too and will not take a nap longer than 30 min. and will not go back to sleep. Last night he would not sleep or fall to sleep unless me or my dh was holding him. I am so afraid this is going to become a prop. He was sleeping so good before.

Offline Sydney

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 18:41:04 pm »
It will get better.  My dd had an earache which caused her to be up at several times during the night.  After about 1 week or so, things started getting back to normal.  I had to hold my dd one night, all night as her ear hurt so bad.  It won't be a prop unless you continue it after the sickness subsides.

Offline jsorrow24

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 18:47:10 pm »
Thanks Sydney. I remembering doing that with my first dd when she had an ear infection. Those are horrible. I guess it's just harder when they just have a cold. You can't really give them anything for that. He is not running a fever. Just congestion and some coughing. It could be worse I guess. But when you are up all night, you're thinking what could be worse than this?? lol