Author Topic: Waking 10+ times a night - Seperation Anxiety???  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Shine

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Waking 10+ times a night - Seperation Anxiety???
« on: February 22, 2006, 12:11:43 pm »
Due to servere reflux causing night-time wheezing dd's routine was changed when she was 7 months old to:

7.30am b/fast
8.30 5 oz bottle
10am 45min nap
12pm lunch
2.30pm 8 oz bottle
5pm dinner

and most of all NO milk before bed.

Dropping the bedtime milk destroyed our bedtime routine and we had screaming for an hour for about a week gradually reducing to 5 mins over two weeks. 
During this time Mummy always put her to bed.
Then one day Daddy tried and she refused to go to bed for him (she use to be very happy with either before the routine change).
Whenever Daddy puts dd to bed she started to wake around 3am to check for Mummy - will cry if daddy goes in.
This then increased to waking up within an hour of going to bed and 3am. 
Now 8 1/2 months and I have gone back to work and she has gone to nursery two days a week and is with Daddy one day, she is waking every hour all night long.
the first 4/5 times she wakes I can get he back in her cot to sleep, but after that she seems to know that mummy is leaving her,
so will now only sleep cuddling Mummy for rest of night.
Having had close to no sleep for two weeks now, I do not know what else to do, she has never had to be in our bed before and I really do not want it to start a habit.

Help.  I really cant do this and go to work.

TIA

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: Waking 10+ times a night - Seperation Anxiety???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 14:15:20 pm »
Hunger/separation anxiety may be the cause of this.  Try sleeping on a mattress/blow up bed with her for a few days, so she knows mummys there, and then you can get some sleep to.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Waking 10+ times a night - Seperation Anxiety???
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:34 am »
Does she have a PM nap... if so how long, also how does she fall asleep dose she use a dummy/paci?

It is normal to get waking at this age due to increased mobility & as you mentioned separation anxiety...my ds#1 went through a stage when I returned to work & I ended up sleeping on the floor of his room on a mattress &/or in our sofa bed that made life easier for all of us
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05