Author Topic: Advice on EASY for 4 week old- feeding!  (Read 1237 times)

Offline bigsize9foot

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Advice on EASY for 4 week old- feeding!
« on: February 22, 2006, 15:45:34 pm »
 :(

I am on my second day of trying EASY. My baby is 4 weeks old tomorrow and has been breast feeding every 2 hours- including through the night for this 4 weeks. I am trying to extend him to the 3 hour EASY. We think we have identified him as a snacker as he only feeds max 10 mins at a time. As I have read in the book, I have introduced a dummy to try and extend his feeding times. So for example, he was due a feed around 4 ish. From about 2.45 he wanted a feed (last fed 1.05pm) His dummy worked for about 5 mins then he just spat it out. So I gave him a smaller snack feed on the advice of the book. (5 mins) The book then recommends he mak this up at the next feed. What does htis mean? I aim to go to 7 and feed him again then? He is wanting more already and its not even 4 yet! Or does the book mean feed him again at 4 and get back on EASY for the day? I'm confused.

Also, is it not possible for a baby to get what he needs in 5/10 mins? I expressed after the 5 min feed and got little milk. I then tried the other boob and got 3 mls and this one had had a feed before the other one if you know what I mean.

Am finding EASY quite difficult!

THanks.
Foot.